Online Payments
BlackBoard Connect
Mobile Site
Shawnee Mobile

City Hall / 16 W 9th St

Click for Map

Welcome on Sunday, April 19, 2015 to
www.Shawnee O
The City of Shawnee Oklahoma

Welcome to the City of Shawnee Online City Hall. If you are a City of Shawnee Citizen, be sure to visit the Citizens Guide for quick access to information you need. If you are not a Shawnee Citizen check out the the Visitors Guide for Shawnee tourist information. View the latest City Report video below.

City Report Youtube Include - Displays most recent City Report

City Report: Shawnee Market Place Update

City Report Archive
Agenda30 - Meetings in the near future
Upcoming Meetings
5/6/2015Planning CommissionAGENDA
4/20/2015Shawnee Airport AuthorityAGENDA
4/20/2015Shawnee Municipal AuthorityAGENDA
4/20/2015City CommissionAGENDA

News/Press Release Headline Include
Current News/Information
Commands: Show Headlines Only | Show All News

How can your help the Tornado Victims?
Wondering how you can help the recent tornado victims? Now that needs have been assessed and channels established here is more information:

Items Needed:
• Water
• Snacks
• Boots
• Gloves
• Toiletries
• Diapers
• Baby Formula
• Power Bars
• Gatorade

Monetary Donations:

Red Cross

Your favorite charity!

Donation Locations:

Shawnee Family YMCA at 700 W. Saratoga, Shawnee OK
-showers also available here

Red Cross at 232 N. Broadway, Shawnee OK

Salvation Army at 200 E. 9th, Shawnee OK


Red Cross Volunteer Application Center, 232 N. Broadway, Shawnee OK

New Hope Church, 37496 New Hope Road, Tecumseh OK 74873 or 405-598-6430
-They are open and have clothing of all sizes, toiletries, diapers, baby clothes

Lakeview Church of Christ, 15301 Oklahoma 102,
Shawnee OK or 405-275-2922
Available May 22nd are the following:
• Supplies for families affected by the tornado
• Safety Training for Clean-Up Volunteers sponsored by GCTC and OK Dept. of Career & Technology
• Showers Available
• Offering Hot Meals

Heart of Oklahoma Expo Center, 1700 W. Independence, Shawnee OK
• Canteen support for first responders
• Oklahoma Insurance Commission Representatives
-available on 2nd floor
• Hot meals served at the Grandstands

County Health Department, 1904 Gordon Cooper Drive,
Shawnee OK 74801
• Tetanus shots available

Chainsaw Relief Teams-Help with debris removal
Contact the Baptist Convention at 405-443-7583, 405-388-6912 or

Donate Blood FRIDAY May 24

Firelake Lanes, 40945 Hardesty Road, Shawnee OK 405-275-0404: 11am-4pm
Firelake Grand Casino, I-40 and Hwy 177, Shawnee OK 405-964-7777: 1pm-6pm


Shawnee Athletic Center, 1001 N. Kennedy, Shawnee OK

Holiday Inn Express, I-40 in Shawnee, 405-275-8880-
-Has rooms available for a reasonable rate

Shawnee Animal Shelter, 1502 N. Leo, Shawnee OK, 405-878-1531

OBU’s Agee Residence Center, 500 W. University,
Shawnee OK-Transitional housing available until May 29th- contact Michael Burns at
405-308-7336 or visit Agee Residence Center and ask for Burns or Jeremy Fisher to arrange housing.

Family Promise of Shawnee, 39604 W. Independence, Shawnee OK 405-273-0161 (at capacity now, but will have openings and can make referrals)

Carney Senior Center, 301 Maple Avenue, Carney OK 405-865-2678

Absentee Shawnee Tribe Resource Center, 1970 156th Ave., Little Axe OK



View Current Residential Garage Sales with a Map

Click for Shawnee, Oklahoma Forecast
Follow @Shawnee_WX on Twitter

Horse Image Include
Been in an auto accident in the  
Notice of Ward 1 City Commission Vacancy

The Board of Commissioners of the City of Shawnee will appoint a new City Commissioner to represent Ward 1 until the next general or special municipal election and until a successor is elected and qualified. All persons residing in Ward 1 who are at least 25 years old and qualified electors of the City of Shawnee may apply for the seat. The person appointed must qualify to hold the office under State Law and the Charter and Code of Ordinances of the City of Shawnee.

Applications may be obtained from the City of Shawnee’s website, or may be obtained at the City Clerk’s Office at City Hall, 16 West 9th Street. Each application must be received in the office of the Shawnee City Clerk no later than 4:00 p.m. April 29, 2015.

Applications should be mailed or delivered t
Phyllis Loftis
City Clerk’s Office
16 West 9th Street
P.O. Box 1448
Shawnee, Oklahoma 74802-1448

All applications will be considered during the City Commission meeting on May 4, 2015, at 6:30 p.m. Each member of the City Commission will receive a copy of each application.
Each applicant will be given the opportunity to address the City Commission and be interviewed at the City Commission meeting on Monday, May 4, 2015 at 6:30 p.m. Following the interviews, the City Commission will consider the appointment of a person to fill the vacancy during the City Commission meeting of Monday, May 4, 2015, or have the option to defer appointment to a subsequent meeting.

*The City of Shawnee does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, handicapped status or any other legally protected status. The City of Shawnee adheres to the equal employment opportunity guidelines set forth by state and federal laws.




Looking for a lost Pet? Looking for a new pet?
Visit the Shawnee Online Shelter by clicking here now!

Been in an auto accident in the City?
You can now get your free online Accident Report on the Police Page for free.
Click here for more information.
If you're thinking about starting a construction project?
Be sure to check on the necessary permits and licenses. Call the Code Enforcement Division at 405-878-1666 if you have questions regarding City Building Codes. Zoning issues are handled by the Community Development Division 

Building Permits and Licenses If you’re thinking about starting a construction project, be sure to check on the necessary permits and licenses. You can download a permit application at Building Permits and Licenses or call 405-878-1666 if you have any questions.

Residential or "Garage" Sales require a permit too. The cost is $10.00 for a 2 day permit and you are allowed 3 sales a year. The price includes 3 signs. They can be obtained at 222 N Broadway and you can call 405-878-1616 if you have any questions. Your sale will be Listed Here for free as well.

The City issues numerous other permits and licenses. If in doubt, call the Planning and Building Department at one of the above numbers.

Need to Report Nuisance Property?
You can view and report high grass and weeds, inoperative cars, derelict cars, or vacant buildings, online at the Action Center or call 405-878-1602.

Housing Information
Several assistance programs are available to help ensure that our citizens are able to afford quality housing. The City's CDBG Urban Renewal Office administers loan and grant programs for emergency repairs and home improvement.

Recent @CityofShawneeOK Twitter Updates

    Follow Us on Twitter Find us on Google+