Online Payments

Mobile Site
Shawnee Mobile

City Hall / 16 W 9th St

Click for Map

Welcome on Saturday, January 20, 2018 to

Welcome to the City of Shawnee Oklahoma Online City Hall. If you are a City of Shawnee Citizen, be sure to visit the Citizens Guide for quick access to information you need. If you are not a Shawnee Citizen check out the the Visitors Guide for Shawnee tourist information. View the latest City Report video below.

City Report Youtube Include - Displays most recent City Report

City Report: Avedis Expo Partnership

City Report Archive
Agenda30 - Meetings in the near future

News/Press Release Headline Include
Current News/Information
Commands: Show Headlines Only | Show All News

Winter Ice Storm State of Emergency
Winter Ice Storm:
City of Shawnee Declares State of Emergency
Shelter and Safety Information

(December 10, 2007) The City of Shawnee is working to help residents deal with the effects of the current ice storm. As a result of the severe power outages and downed trees and power lines across the community, City Manager Jim Collard has officially declared a “State of Emergency.” It is hoped that power will be restored to all residents and businesses over the next few days.
Shelter Information
The Shawnee Chapter of the Red Cross has opened a shelter at the Heart of Oklahoma Exposition Center at 1700 W. Independence Street in Shawnee, for residents without power. Those planning to utilize the shelter should bring identification, medications, sleeping bags, pillows, toiletries and personal hygiene items if possible. Please do not bring your valuables. No pets will be allowed with the exception of service animals. Light meals will be served.
General Power Outage Information
If you need to report a power outage or downed electrical line, please call your service provider. Residents can call Oklahoma Gas and Electric at1-800-272-9741 or Canadian Valley Electric at 273-4680. Please stay away from downed power lines. If there is a life-threatening emergency due to a power failure, call 9-1-1. We encourage residents to check on friends, neighbors and relatives who may be without power.
Clean-up Information
The city encourages residents to be patient with the clean-up process, as it may take several weeks. City crews will be working on tree clean up, focusing over the next few days on making sure the streets are safe, open, and cleared from debris. City crews will specifically be working on city right of ways and intersections.
If residents need further assistance removing large debris from their homes, they are encouraged to contact a private company for tree removal services. There are several private tree services in the yellow pages. Remember that yard waste pickup is available on Wednesdays. Yard waste consists of leaves, brush and tree limbs not larger than one inch in diameter and cut into lengths not more than four feet long. Allied Waste will run garbage service when and where it is safe to do so. Some residents may experience disruptions in trash service due to low hanging power lines and trees as well as icy road conditions. To report problems with trash service call 275-9061.
Residents are asked to do the following in this state of emergency situation:
• Due to falling limbs and falling ice from power lines and high surfaces, residents are reminded to use extra caution.
• Treat intersections with non-functioning traffic signals as a four-way stop.
• Use caution and follow safety procedures when utilizing power generators.
• Use extra caution regarding electrical safety. Residents should watch for electrical damage to structures. Once the power comes back on, residents should watch for smoke or sparks. Call 9-1-1 if there is an emergency, otherwise, call 273-2121.



View Current Residential Garage Sales with a Map

Click for Shawnee, Oklahoma Forecast
Follow @Shawnee_WX on Twitter

Horse Image Include

Looking to reserve a park pavilion, community building, or facility?
Use our Reservation System HERE

Looking for a lost Pet? Looking for a new pet?
Visit the Shawnee Online Shelter by clicking here now!

Been in an auto accident in the City?
You can now get your free online Accident Report on the Police Page for free.
Click here for more information.
If you're thinking about starting a construction project?
Be sure to check on the necessary permits and licenses. Call the Code Enforcement Division at 405-878-1666 if you have questions regarding City Building Codes. Zoning issues are handled by the Community Development Division 

Building Permits and Licenses If you’re thinking about starting a construction project, be sure to check on the necessary permits and licenses. You can download a permit application at Building Permits and Licenses or call 405-878-1666 if you have any questions.

Residential or "Garage" Sales require a permit too. The cost is $10.00 for a 2 day permit and you are allowed 3 sales a year. The price includes 3 signs. They can be obtained at 222 N Broadway and you can call 405-878-1616 if you have any questions. Your sale will be Listed Here for free as well.

The City issues numerous other permits and licenses. If in doubt, call the Planning and Building Department at one of the above numbers.

Need to Report Nuisance Property?
You can view and report high grass and weeds, inoperative cars, derelict cars, or vacant buildings, online at the Action Center or call 405-878-1602.

Housing Information
Several assistance programs are available to help ensure that our citizens are able to afford quality housing. The City's CDBG Urban Renewal Office administers loan and grant programs for emergency repairs and home improvement.