The City of Shawnee is an Equal Opportunity Employer
View our Equal Employment Opportunity Plan--EEOP
Please make sure and read below under “How Do I Apply” to make sure you have filled out the correct application. Thank you!
PLEASE BE ADVISED THAT APPLICANTS WHO DO NOT SUBMIT A COMPLETED APPLICATION WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED FOR AN OPENING.
Job Application Forms: Best Viewed with Adobe Reader XI
IMPORTANT!! PLEASE READ CAREFULLY!
RIGHT CLICK ON THE APPLICATION FORM THAT YOU WANT TO USE AND SELECT SAVE TARGET AS-SAVE THE FILE LOCALLY TO YOUR COMPUTER, THEN FILL OUT THE FORM.
IF YOU ARE NOT USING ADOBE READER XI OR ADOBE ACROBAT, YOU CANNOT SAVE DATA IN THE FORM--YOU MUST USE THE SUBMIT BY EMAIL BUTTON ON THE FORM. PLEASE READ THE INSTRUCTIONS THAT COME UP WHEN YOU CLICK THE BUTTON. IF YOU HAVE ANY ISSUES WITH THE FORMS, PLEASE CALL 405-878-1669 OR 405-878-1626 DURING REGULAR BUSINESS HOURS, AND WE WILL TRY TO ASSIST YOU.
REMEMBER--YOUR BEST OPTION IS TO USE EITHER ADOBE ACROBAT OR ADOBE READER XI. ADOBE READER XI IS FREE ON THE INTERNET.
Download the latest version of Adobe Reader!
Regular Employee Applicants
Police Officer Applicants
How Do I Apply?
Are you interested in becoming a City of Shawnee employee? Listed above are the positions that are currently open with us right now. You can download the City Application by clicking its link above.
Once you have filled out the application completely, you can either mail it to the HR Department, 16 West 9th Street, Shawnee, Oklahoma 74802-1448, email to email@example.com or fax it to Jennifer Dawson at (405) 878-1734. If you are applying for more than one position within the City of Shawnee, a new application has to be filled out for each position.
Job descriptions are available for each position that is open. If you would like to receive notices through e-mail for position that come open with the City of Shawnee, please sign up on this webpage to receive them!
The City of Shawnee requires a pre-employment drug screen and physical for its potential employees.
General City of Shawnee Employee Information
The City of Shawnee offers positions in these categories:
- Full Time
- Part Time (averages from 20 to 29 hours a week)
- Seasonal Temporary Help (variation on the hours and type of work)
The City of Shawnee is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination because of race, sex, religion, age, national origin or disability in recruiting, hiring, training, transfers, and promotions for any and all positions with the City of Shawnee
Show Job Titles Only Show All Detail|
|Job Title||GIS Manager|
|Job Description||CITY OF SHAWNEE
POSITION: GIS Manager
PAY RANGE: 30 starting at $22.60/hr
DIVISION: Utility Administration
This is an exempt technical position that serves as the principal GIS Manager for the City of Shawnee. This position provides development, maintenance, technical, and computer support of spatial data systems and is responsible for the planning, directing and coordinating all City GIS projects. This position requires strong analytical and communication skills, technical ability and attention to detail. The person in this position must be self-motivated and an independent worker.
“Job descriptions may be modified based on City needs and employees may be required to perform function beyond those described below. Employees are “at will employees” in that either party may terminate the employment relationship.”
• Create maps and graphs, using GIS software and related equipment.
• Work with department to define data needs, project requirements, required outputs, or to develop applications.
• Gather, analyze, and integrate spatial data and determine how best the information can be displayed using GIS.
• Compile geographic data from a variety of sources.
• Analyze spatial data for geographic statistics to incorporate into documents and reports.
• Maintain and update of large spatial databases.
• Enter new map data by digitizing or by direct input of coordinate information using the principles of cartography including coordinate systems, longitude, latitude, elevation, topography, and map scales.
• Analyze geographic relationships among varying types of data.
• Prepare metadata and other documentation.
• Operate and maintain GIS system hardware, software, plotter, digitizer and printers.
• Present information to users and answer questions.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
•Two years of experience in operating GIS systems in related fields.
• Degree in GIS or Earth Science-related field.
• ArcGIS 10.1 or newer (intermediate/advanced).
• Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat Pro (intermediate/advanced).
• MS Office Professional (intermediate/advanced).
• Knowledge of additional ESRI or non-ESRI GIS products.
• Knowledge of GPS data collection and processing.
• Knowledge and processing of 3D datasets.
• Knowledge of website design and update.
• A basic understanding of physical geography and/or geology.
• The ability to convey GIS and spatial information to non-technical people.
• The ability to solve problems using the GIS suite of tools.
• Use of mathematics to solve problems.
• Ability to find information and identify essential information, and validate the information.
• Ability to correctly follow a given rule or set of rules in order to arrange things or actions in a certain order.
• Using and/or developing computer programs to solve problems.
• Creative production of high quality figures and maps for technical reports.
• General knowledge of AutoCAD 2010 or Higher.
• Certification as an ESRI instructor
• Knowledge of Innovyze’s (formerly MWH Soft) InfoWater and InfoSWMM software.
• Utility field experience.
• AutoCAD experience.
• Posses and maintain Oklahoma Department of Environmental Quality (ODEQ) Class B Water and Sewer Certifications, or the ability to obtain such certifications within three (3) years of attaining the position;
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Physical demands include some bending, stooping, walking on uneven ground, kneeling, and lifting up to 60#s (greater with assistance).
• May perform work in uncontrollable working conditions of heat, cold, dampness, and exposure to chemicals and infectious wastes.
• Must possess a valid Oklahoma Driver’s License.
• Works under the general supervision of the Utility Director
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL HAZARDS:
• May work at various job sites acquiring data, information, etc.
• May be exposed to inclement weather conditions.
EXAMPLES OF PERFORMANCE CRITERIA AND EXPECTATIONS:
• Occasionally the job may be on rough and uneven terrain. Most work is performed indoors and is controllable.
• Effectively represents the City at all times in contacts with the general public, employees, and other units of government;
• Performs such other duties as may be assigned.
• Possess a valid Oklahoma Driver’s License and driver’s record acceptable to the City’s insurance carrier.
| ||Printer Friendly Version|
City of Shawnee Personnel Department
This will add or remove you from a mail listing of the most recent City of Shawnee Job openings. An email with basic information related to the position will be generated each time a new job isposted. You will NOT receive any other email and your email address will not be used for other purposes.