The City of Shawnee is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We conform to all the laws, statutes, and regulations concerning equal employment opportunities and affirmative action. We strongly encourage women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply to all of our job openings. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, age, disability status, Genetic Information & Testing, Family & Medical Leave, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We prohibit Retaliation against individuals who bring forth any complaint, orally or in writing, to the employer or the government, or against any individuals who assist or participate in the investigation of any complaint or otherwise oppose discrimination.
View our Equal Employment Opportunity Plan--EEOP
Please make sure and read below under “How Do I Apply” to make sure you have filled out the correct application. Thank you!
PLEASE BE ADVISED THAT APPLICANTS WHO DO NOT SUBMIT A COMPLETED APPLICATION WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED FOR AN OPENING.
Job Application Forms: Best Viewed with Adobe Reader XI
IMPORTANT!! PLEASE READ CAREFULLY!
RIGHT CLICK ON THE APPLICATION FORM THAT YOU WANT TO USE AND SELECT SAVE TARGET AS-SAVE THE FILE LOCALLY TO YOUR COMPUTER, THEN FILL OUT THE FORM.
IF YOU ARE NOT USING ADOBE READER XI OR ADOBE ACROBAT, YOU CANNOT SAVE DATA IN THE FORM--YOU MUST USE THE SUBMIT BY EMAIL BUTTON ON THE FORM. PLEASE READ THE INSTRUCTIONS THAT COME UP WHEN YOU CLICK THE BUTTON. IF YOU HAVE ANY ISSUES WITH THE FORMS, PLEASE CALL 405-878-1669 OR 405-878-1626 DURING REGULAR BUSINESS HOURS, AND WE WILL TRY TO ASSIST YOU.
REMEMBER--YOUR BEST OPTION IS TO USE EITHER ADOBE ACROBAT OR ADOBE READER XI. ADOBE READER XI IS FREE ON THE INTERNET.
Download the latest version of Adobe Reader!
Regular Employee Applicants
Life Guard Applications
City of Shawnee Life Guard Application
City of Shawnee Life Guard Application-Mobile Application
Police Officer Applicants
How Do I Apply?
Are you interested in becoming a City of Shawnee employee? Listed above are the positions that are currently open with us right now. You can download the City Application by clicking its link above.
Once you have filled out the application completely, you can either mail it to the HR Department, 16 West 9th Street, Shawnee, Oklahoma 74802-1448, email to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax it to Jennifer Dawson at (405) 878-1734. If you are applying for more than one position within the City of Shawnee, a new application has to be filled out for each position.
Job descriptions are available for each position that is open. If you would like to receive notices through e-mail for position that come open with the City of Shawnee, please sign up on this webpage to receive them!
The City of Shawnee requires a pre-employment drug screen and physical for its potential employees.
General City of Shawnee Employee Information
The City of Shawnee offers positions in these categories:
- Full Time
- Part Time (averages from 20 to 29 hours a week)
- Seasonal Temporary Help (variation on the hours and type of work)
The City of Shawnee is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination because of race, sex, religion, age, national origin or disability in recruiting, hiring, training, transfers, and promotions for any and all positions with the City of Shawnee
Show Job Titles Only |
|Job Title||Part-Time Airport Operator|
|Job Description||JOB TITLE: Airport Operator (Part-Time) |
ACCOUNTABLE TO: Assistant Airport Manager
PAY: Starting at $11.22/hr
PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF POSITION: Under general supervision, is responsible for performing manual labor and semi skilled tasks in assigned areas. Work varies little following prescribed standards and procedures.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Physical demands include bending, stooping, climbing, twisting, reaching, walking on rough or uneven terrain, kneeling, and pulling or lifting up to 50#s (greater with assistance).
• Work is performed in uncontrollable working conditions of inclement weather, during all seasons, of heat, cold, dampness, offensive odors, dust, dirt, and hazardous chemicals;
• Must possess a valid Oklahoma Driver’s License
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY AND PERFORMANCE:
• Mows, weeds, trims, picks up debris around streets, walkways, runway, City facilities, right-of-ways, maintains grass, flowers, shrubbery, and removes or trims shrubs and trees, and performs other tasks necessary to keep grounds neat and orderly;
• Maintains, installs, and repairs fences as needed;
• Keeps hangars and terminal building clean and maintains an appropriate level of supplies where needed;
• Extracts fuel for testing;
• Fuels planes and processes payment for fuel in computer;
• Moves planes in and out of hangers;
• Performs runway inspections;
• Greets visitors and assists as needed; with rental cars, courtesy cars, flight planning, loading and unloading planes, etc.;
• Provides services to tenants;
• Tracks fuel sale for inventory purposes;
• Performs such other duties as may be assigned.
• Prepares daily log of own activities, daily deposit forms, and the preparation of reports required in accordance with FAA rules and requirements;
• Work is regularly performed in uncontrollable working conditions of inclement weather, during all seasons, of heat, cold, dampness, offensive odors, dust, dirt, and hazardous chemicals;
• Contact with others is frequent in which ability to perform duties is directly affected through communication and rapport established, requiring confidentiality, common courtesy, and relaying of information.
SUPERVISION - RESPONSIBILITY FOR WORK OF OTHERS: None required
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENT:
• Graduation from High School or its equivalent; PLUS
• One year work experience, preferably in grounds maintenance;
• Must possess a valid Oklahoma Driver’s License and maintain a status of insurability.
EXAMPLES OF PERFORMANCE CRITERIA AND EXPECTATIONS:
• Performs manual and semi skilled work in the operation and maintenance of the Airport facilities;
• Assists the Airport Manager as may be directed;
• Demonstrates general knowledge in the repair and maintenance of equipment and tools;
• Follows all applicable safety procedures, uses proper safety equipment, and operates assigned equipment in a safe manner following established safety procedures to prevent injury.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform any non-essential job duties
| ||Printer Friendly Version|
|Job Title||Civil Engineer (EIT)|
|Job Description||CITY OF SHAWNEE|
POSITION: Civil Engineer
PAY RANGE: Negotiable DoQ
REVISED: October 25, 2010
JOB SUMMARY: Civil Engineer is an entry level professional position that is primarily responsible for providing engineering design, operation and project management support to the City Engineer on public works construction projects. “Job descriptions may be modified based on City needs and employees may be required to perform function beyond those described below and employees are “at will employees” in that either party may terminate the employment relationship.”
• Participates, directs, and coordinates activities and assists various departments in the execution of public works improvement projects.
• Performs background research by reviewing construction plans, technical journals, City codes and ordinances, field observations, survey findings, etc. to obtain data required for the design and preparation of plans, designing and preparing construction drawings, writing specifications, estimating construction costs necessary for contract bids, and providing construction management for project completion
• Assists in preparation of departmental budget and monitors expenditures.
• Assists in determining requirements, supervises the preparation of preliminary plans and estimates and reviews final plans and specifications for major construction projects.
• Considerable communication exchange exists both inside and
outside the City organization with contractors, architects, developers, consulting engineers, etc., for the purpose of obtaining and providing information, and explaining and clarifying City codes and ordinances related to engineering projects.
• Prepares plans and specifications regarding bidding documents and provides notice to bidders.
• Inspects projects in various stages of completion and performs tests for quality of material and workmanship.
• Possession of an Engineering degree from an accredited, four-year university and/or registration as an Engineer-in-Training (EIT).
• Knowledge of the principles and practices of civil engineering.
• Skill in following geometric, algebraic, trigonometric, and calculus formulas.
• Skill in verbal and written communication.
• Ability to apply knowledge of civil engineering to work performed, and be able to design public-works engineering projects.
• Experience with computerized drafting or mapping systems.
• Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or related field
• Proficiency in using standard engineering software such as AutoCad, ArcMap, EaglePoint, etc.
• Knowledge of and experience in contract administration, project management, and in reviewing public improvement project plans.
SUPERVISION REQUIRED: Works under general supervision of City Engineer.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL HAZARDS: Works primarily indoors. May work at job site, surveying, inspecting and meetings. May be exposed to noxious or hazardous materials or chemicals. May be exposed to inclement weather conditions.
SPECIAL LICENSES OR CERTIFICATIONS REQUIRED: Possess a valid Oklahoma Drivers License and drivers record acceptable to the City’s insurance Carrier.
| ||Printer Friendly Version|
City of Shawnee Personnel Department
This will add or remove you from a mail listing of the most recent City of Shawnee Job openings. An email with basic information related to the position will be generated each time a new job isposted. You will NOT receive any other email and your email address will not be used for other purposes.