CITY OF SHAWNEE
The City of Shawnee Planning Division is responsible for overseeing the managed growth of the City. This includes the Comprehensive Plan and Zoning activity. The City's new zoning code is effective July 2, 2014. It represents the first major update of the City's zoning rules in 25 years.
The City of Shawnee Planning Commission hears most land use cases and makes formal recommendations to the Shawnee City Commission.
Shawnee Trails InformationTrails Master Draft in PDF format (55,685 KB)
Trails Master Draft
Downtown Shawnee Information
The City of Shawnee actively supports the full revitalization of its historic core. Downtown Shawnee includes a designated historic district and Tax Increment Financing (TIF) district that is used to generate revenue to improve the streetscape. Phase II of the Downtown Streetscape Plan is expected to start in 2014. It will transform a five-block area of downtown with approximately $2 million invested by the City.
Downtown Development Incentives:
1. State of Oklahoma 20% tax credit for Historic Rehabilitation
2. Federal 20% Historic Tax Credit for Historic Rehabilitation
3. Qualified Census Tract (#5002)
4. Low Income Housing Tax Credit Eligible
5. Included within an Urban Enterprise Zone
6. Included within a HUBZone
7. Native American Indian Lands Tax Credit Eligible
8. Abundant free public parking
9. Façade grant program
10. Flexible C-4 (CBD) Zoning (including zero setbacks and zero off-street parking required)
For information on developing or redeveloping in Downtown Shawnee, please call 405-878-1665.