City of Shawnee Seal - Click to go to main page City of Shawnee OK Net Logo - Click to go to main page
Online Payments
BlackBoard Connect
Mobile Site
Shawnee Mobile

City Hall / 16 W 9th St
74801-6812

Click for Map

 

FIRE HOME | PREVENTION | SUPPRESSION | TRAINING | CUSTOMER SERVICESTATIONS

patch.JPG (58643 bytes)

      City of Shawnee Fire Stations

Station #1
16 West Ninth Street

Opened in 1970, Station #1 has 7 firefighters assigned to it and houses 5 pieces of firefighting / emergency response apparatus.  Station #1 is attached to the west end of City Hall and also houses the administrative offices of the department.  The following picture is a view of the south side of Station #1 and some of the apparatus that responds from this location.



Station #2
1401 North Bryan Street

Opened in 1999, Station #2 has 3 firefighters assigned to it and houses 3 pieces of firefighting / emergency response apparatus.  The west side of Station #2 houses the Shawnee Fire Marshal's Office.  The following picture is a view of the west side of Station #2.


Station #3
                                                                                                                                                           306 East MacArthur Street

Opened in 1974, Station #3 currently has 4 firefighters assigned to it and houses 4 pieces of firefighting / emergency response apparatus.  The basement of Station #3 houses the department's training room and the office of the Training Chief.  The following picture is a view of the south side of Station #3.
  


Retired Fire Stations:
                                                                                                                        Central Fire Station
9th Street Between Broadway and Beard Streets

The following pictures show the old "Central Fire Station" as it was in the 1920's along with some of the firefighting apparatus of the time.  This two-story station was located on 9th street between Broadway and Beard and was destroyed by a tornado in 1970.  The brass pole from this station that allowed quick access from the second floor to the rig room hangs in the current Station #1.
 
 
wpe1.gif (92807 bytes)

 

                                                      

wpe2.gif (61419 bytes)