Welcome to the City's Adopt-a-Street Program!
Who Can Adopt A Street? - Anyone Can!
- Families and Friends
- Community Service Organizations
- Corporations and Businesses
- Neighborhood Associations
- Church Groups
- Youth Groups
- and More
What are Your Responsibilities?
- You will be responsible for your designated area on both sides of the Street .
- You will need to clean the area a minimum of four (4) times a year.
- You will need to contact the City each time to pick up safety vests and bags, and to let the City know if you are unable to dispose of collected debris.
What do you get out of Adopt A Street?
Gives you the satisfaction that you are doing your part to keep Shawnee clean.
You are recognized for your time and effort with a sign with your name on it placed at the location. Everyone that passes that location will know that you are doing your part and that you care about the way Shawnee looks.
Adopt a Street Location are Not Specific
The City of Shawnee does have a list of streets that regularly need to be picked up but if you have a location in mind that you would like to clean, put it on your application. Examples could be the right of way in front of your business, a right of way near your home, or just an area that you pass each day that you would like to help keep clean.
Thanks To All Volunteers
Without all of the Wonderful Volunteers that currently help the City of Shawnee with their Beautification Projects, it would be hard to reach all areas of the City. Daily volunteers are out cleaning up flower beds, trimming shrubs, and planting trees.
The City of Shawnee would like to include you as part of this group. All you need to do to get started is contact the City of Shawnee Fairview Cemetery office and request an Adoption Application and Agreement form.
For volunteering, there is no cost to you, only your time. The City will provide the safety vest and trash bags.