Welcome to the City of Shawnee
The City of Shawnee Parks and Recreation division oversees all the many parks available to the public in the City. The division strives to maintain many hundreds of acres of parkland for your enjoymnet.
Watch for a dynamic list of parks along with maps in the near future.
Mary Maxine Willamson Dog Park
The Grand Opening for the City of Shawnee "Mary Maxine Williamson" Dog Park Saturday was on May 14, 2011 at 10:30 am. The Park, located near the Shawnee Animal Shelter 1900 West Independence and the Shawnee Exposition Center continues to entertain citizens and dog owers from around the City as well as those visiting the Exposition center during activities.
Shawnee Beautification Committee Application
- If you think that this committee would be a good fit for you, you are welcome to join us as a guest at our next meeting. The committee meets every second Thursday of the month at 4:00 pm at City Hall in the Emergency Operations Center in the basement.
Programs and Departments
- For an inventory of City Parks including photos, maps, and more detailed information, visit the excellent ShawneeParks.org website! This site is not maintained by the City of Shawnee but by volunteers.
- Check out the City's Adopt-a-Street program and help Keep Your Street Neat. Any individual or group can volunteer for this program.
- The Operations Director oversees the Fairview Cemetery operations. Fairview Cemetery offers affordable spaces and a time honored respectful cemetery. We also have online lookup abilities for loved ones.
- Residents and Buisness owners are encouraged to submit Nominations for those that have put extra effort into Beautifying and Maintaining their area. There are two nominationperiods. The first ending on May 31st and the second ending September 30th. Winners will be reconized with a certificate.
Shawnee Twin Lakes
- The Shawnee Twin Lakes are located 9 miles west of Shawnee and provide a wide range of recreational opertunities.