“Handicap stickers will be placed on eligible carts on your first day of service starting July 1st, 2010. Central Disposal has a list of current residents that use the house side service. If a customer is new to the area or otherwise needs house side service, he or she will need a doctor’s note detailing the need. Please contact Central Disposal at (405) 275-5854 for any questions.
(Once A Week)
- Pick-up as usual on PRESIDENT'S DAY
• All garbage must be placed inside polycart.
• Place cart no more than two feet from the curb, street, or alley.
• Place cart out for service no later than 7:00 a.m.
• Leave at least 3 to 4 feet clearance on all sides.
• Please keep cart away from mailboxes, parked cars, and trees.
• Do not use cart for removal of construction or demolition debris. Household garbage only.
If you need more than the one polycart or a 65 gallon polycart provided by Central Disposal you can contact the Office at 275-0900. Additional polycarts will incur an additional monthly charge.
Curbside Bulk Waste Schedule for March 2018:
IF YOUR TRASH PICK UP DAY IS ON:
YOUR BULK WASTE PICK UP DAY WILL BE:
Monday, March 5th
Tuesday, March 6th
Wednesday, March 7th
Thursday, March 8th
Friday, March 9th
CURBSIDE BULK WASTE SERVICE:
Once A Month - (The first full calendar week of the month on your regular trash day (see schedule above)
• Stoves, refrigerators, televisions, water tanks, washing machines, furniture and other waste materials with weights or volumes greater than those allowed for polycarts.
• Bulk waste items which typically contain refrigerants such as Freon will not be accepted unless the person disposing of such items provides Central Disposal with an acceptable written certification that the Freon has been removed.
• Construction debris, dead animals, hazardous material or stable matter will not be accepted.
Once A Week - (On your normal pickup day)
• Tree limbs need to be no more than 3 feet in length and no more than 2 inches in diameter and bundled with twine or string.
• Yardwaste should be placed no more than 7 feet from the curbside.
• Yardwaste should be placed at curb for pick up no later than 7:00 a.m.
CENTRAL DISPOSAL WILL STILL ACCEPT CARDBOARD & GLASS ONLY
BETWEEN 8-5, MON-FRI
AT THE TRANSFER STATION LOCATED AT 700 E. 45TH ST. SHAWNEE
The City of Shawnee now offers curbside recycling. When you take your polycart out to the curb,put your recyclable items all together in the blue 18-gallon bin and place it beside your polycart. The recyclable items will be picked up on your normal trash day. Central Disposal employees will sort the items at the curb. "You Toss It, We Sort It" is our motto please join us, "Recycling Works Shawnee!"
We accept the following items:
Paper-All types and sizes of books, magazines and papers are accepted.
Plastic-Please Rinse All Containers. #1 & #2 are only types of plastic that will be accepted.
Aluminum & Metals - Please Rinse All Containers. Empty cans only. Metal pots, pans, tins & utensils will be accepted.
Shawnee residents can safely dispose of paint, pesticides, motor oil and other household products that can harm the environment. For a fee, residents can dispose of their household hazardous waste at the Household Hazardous Waste Disposal Center at 1621 S Portland in Oklahoma City. Click here for more information.
Hours of Operation:
Tue-Fri: 9:30am-6pm | Sat: 8:30am-11:30pm
700 E. 45th Street
· No hazardous material, concrete, bricks, liquids, or tires.
· All loads subject to inspection.
· Scales on location.
· $45.00 per ton plus $1.25 per ton DEQ fee with a $35.00 minimum
With a City of Shawnee Water Bill that includes sanitation:
· One (1) free level pickup bed or equivalent load per month.
· Over one (1) level pickup bed is $10.00 a linear foot.
Hours of Operation:
Mon-Thur: 8am-5pm | Fri-Sat: 8am-12pm
Shawnee residents who pay a City of Shawnee Garbage bill have access to the Center Point landfill located near Prague. Shawnee residents who pay a City of Shawnee Garbage bill may dispose of 3 cubic yards (1 level pickup bed) per month at no charge. Bring your residential Water bill and matching ID.
Hours of Operation:
Questions? Call Central Disposal at 275-0900, 8am to 5pm Monday-Friday.