Trash Collection- Holiday Schedule (Christmas and New Year`s Day) THIS NEWS ITEM EXPIRED 1/6/2014 AND IS NO LONGER ACTIVE AND MAY NOT REFLECT CURRENT INFORMATION! THIS INFORMATION IS FOR ARCHIVAL PURPOSES ONLY!
12/16/2013 Central Disposal will be closed on Christmas Day (Wednesday, December 25th)
Wednesday’s route will be picked up Thursday, December 26th.
Thursday’s route will be picked up Friday, December 27th
Friday’s route will be picked up Saturday, December 28th
Central Disposal will be closed on New Year’s Day (Wednesday, January 1st)
Wednesday’s route will be picked up Thursday, January 2nd
Thursday’s route will be picked up Friday, January 3rd
Friday’s route will be picked up Saturday, January 4th
(Once A Week) *** Service WILL run July 4th ***
• All garbage must be placed inside polycart.
• Place cart no more than two feet from the curb, street, or alley.
• Place cart out for service no later than 7:00 a.m.
• Leave at least 3 to 4 feet clearance on all sides.
• Please keep cart away from mailboxes, parked cars, and trees.
• Do not use cart for removal of construction or demolition debris. Household garbage only.
If you need more than the one polycart or a 65 gallon polycart provided by Central Disposal you can contact the Office at 275-0900. Additional polycarts will incur an additional monthly charge.
Curbside Bulk Waste Schedule for July 2017:
IF YOUR TRASH PICK UP DAY IS ON:
YOUR BULK WASTE PICK UP DAY WILL BE:
Monday, July 3rd
Tuesday, July 4th
Wednesday, July 5th
Thursday, July 6th
Friday, July 7th
CURBSIDE BULK WASTE SERVICE:
Once A Month - (The first full calendar week of the month on your regular trash day (see schedule above)
• Stoves, refrigerators, televisions, water tanks, washing machines, furniture and other waste materials with weights or volumes greater than those allowed for polycarts.
• Bulk waste items which typically contain refrigerants such as Freon will not be accepted unless the person disposing of such items provides Central Disposal with an acceptable written certification that the Freon has been removed.
• Construction debris, dead animals, hazardous material or stable matter will not be accepted.
Once A Week - (On your normal pickup day)
• Tree limbs need to be no more than 3 feet in length and no more than 2 inches in diameter and bundled with twine or string.
• Yardwaste should be placed no more than 7 feet from the curbside.
• Yardwaste should be placed at curb for pick up no later than 7:00 a.m.
CENTRAL DISPOSAL WILL STILL ACCEPT CARDBOARD & GLASS ONLY
BETWEEN 8-5, MON-FRI
AT THE TRANSFER STATION LOCATED AT 700 E. 45TH ST. SHAWNEE
The City of Shawnee now offers curbside recycling. When you take your polycart out to the curb,put your recyclable items all together in the blue 18-gallon bin and place it beside your polycart. The recyclable items will be picked up on your normal trash day. Central Disposal employees will sort the items at the curb. "You Toss It, We Sort It" is our motto please join us, "Recycling Works Shawnee!"
We accept the following items:
Paper-All types and sizes of books, magazines and papers are accepted.
Plastic-Please Rinse All Containers. #1 & #2 are only types of plastic that will be accepted.
Aluminum & Metals - Please Rinse All Containers. Empty cans only. Metal pots, pans, tins & utensils will be accepted.
Shawnee residents can safely dispose of paint, pesticides, motor oil and other household products that can harm the environment. For a fee, residents can dispose of their household hazardous waste at the Household Hazardous Waste Disposal Center at 1621 S Portland in Oklahoma City. Click here for more information.
Hours of Operation:
Tue-Fri: 9:30am-6pm | Sat: 8:30am-11:30pm
700 E. 45th Street
• 1 free dump with your current water bill
• Level pickup bed
• Over a level pickup bed is $10/vertical foot
• No hazardous material, concrete, bricks, liquids, or tires
• All loads subject to inspection
$35/ton + $1.50 DEQ Fee ($25 minimum)
Brush/Tree/Green Waste is $30 minimum
Hours of Operation:
Mon-Thur: 8am-5pm | Fri-Sat: 8am-12pm
Shawnee residents who pay a City of Shawnee Garbage bill have access to the Center Point landfill located near Prague. Shawnee residents who pay a City of Shawnee Garbage bill may dispose of 3 cubic yards (1 level pickup bed) per month at no charge. Bring your residential Water bill and matching ID.
Hours of Operation:
Questions? Call Central Disposal at 275-0900, 8am to 5pm Monday-Friday.