What you can take:
· Propane, gasoline, lubricants, motor oil, brake fluid, degreasers, antifreeze
· pesticides, herbicides, fertilizer
· computer equipment (remove personal info before recycling)
· CFL and fluorescent lightbulbs
· swimming pool chemicals
· furniture polish, household cleaners (including oven, drain and toilet bowl cleaners)
· paint and thinner
Do not pour chemicals into a single container. Leave them in their original packages.
Some household products, although harmless in themselves, can be toxic when mixed.
What you can't take:
· radioactive waste
· biomedical waste
· commercial hazardous waste
· refrigerant and compressed gas containers
Some products in your home (certain paints, stains and varnishes, cleaners, polishes, automotive products, pesticides and herbicides) may contain hazardous components. The used or leftover contents of these products are known as "household hazardous waste".