Online Payments

Mobile Site
Shawnee Mobile

City Hall / 16 W 9th St

Click for Map



Household Hazardous Waste
Shawnee residents can safely dispose of paint, pesticides, motor oil and other household products that can harm the environment. For a fee, residents can dispose of their household hazardous waste (you must bring your water bill and matching driversí license) to the Household Hazardous Waste Disposal Center at 1621 S Portland in Oklahoma City. Oklahoma City shall assess a rate (based on national surveys) per equivalent rate unit (ERU) of fifteen (15) gallons per household.


The fee structure per each resident per entry shall be evaluated by the following scale:

< 7.5 gallons

.5 ERU


> 7.5 gallons to 15 gallons

1.0 ERU


> 15 gallons to 22.5 gallons

1.5 ERU


> 22.5 gallons

2.0 ERU


What you can take: 

· Propane, gasoline, lubricants, motor oil, brake fluid, degreasers, antifreeze

· pesticides, herbicides, fertilizer

· computer equipment (remove personal info before recycling)

· CFL and fluorescent lightbulbs

· swimming pool chemicals

· furniture polish, household cleaners (including oven, drain and toilet bowl cleaners)

· mercury

· paint and thinner

Do not pour chemicals into a single container. Leave them in their original packages.

Some household products, although harmless in themselves, can be toxic when mixed.

What you can't take:

· radioactive waste

· biomedical waste

· commercial hazardous waste

· refrigerant and compressed gas containers

· tires

Some products in your home (certain paints, stains and varnishes, cleaners, polishes, automotive products, pesticides and herbicides) may contain hazardous components. The used or leftover contents of these products are known as "household hazardous waste".  

Hours of Operation:
Tue-Fri: 9:30am-6pm | Saturdays: 8:30am-11:30am
Phone: 405-682-7038


 Return to the Sanitation Page