Shawnee Splash offers people of all ages a way to participate in fun water activities. It is definitely a hot spot throughout the summer and is open mid May through the first part of August each year. The outdoor complex features a shallow play area, regulation pool area, spray ground area, diving area, climbing wall, slides, restrooms, showers & dressing areas, concession with covered deck, 1m & 3m diving boards, basketball goal, floatables, bench with sunshades and much more.
GENERAL RULES AND POLICIES
1) No outside food or drink is permitted in the Shawnee Splash facility. Concessions are available. Food & Drink should be enjoyed and remain in the Snack Shack area as food is not permitted in pool areas.
2) All patrons are required to wear SWIM SUITS to swim in pools. Street clothes are not allowed. Accepted clothing is at the discretion of Splash Staff. Cover ups and t-shirts are allowed over swimwear. If you have questions about your swimwear, please see staff prior to entering the water park as they will be happy to help. Examples of not allowed items are: basketball shorts, under ware, boxers, denim, cut offs, cargo shorts, women's undergarments, etc.
3) No Re-Entry. Once admitted, patron cannot leave and gain entry without re-paying admission again. Season pass members can enter and exit with their season pass each entry.
4) Tobacco Free Park-All City of Shawnee properties are tobacco free spaces. This includes the entire Woodland Park along with Shawnee Splash.
5) 48" to Ride Slides Alone- Patrons must be 48" to ride slides alone. If under this height, patron can ride with someone 18 years of age or older. This is due to pool water depth, not swimming ability. Signage is available at entry for parents to check children height.
6) 15 minute Safety Break- At the top of every even hour the park is open, we have a 15 minute safety break. At this time individuals 17 and under must exit the pools. This is when we encourage everyone to re-apply sunscreen, visit the snack shack, and find some shade to take a break.
7) Children12 years of age and under must be accompanied by an adult. Children ages 4 and under must be accompanied in the pool areas by an adult swimmer who is within arm's reach.
DIVING WELL RULES
1) Experienced Swimmers Only- Individuals who cannot swim and/or individuals who are wearing a lifejacket are not permitted in the diving well.
2) Once you go up, you gotta jump- Our high dive is just that, HIGH, please make sure that you and/or your child is ready for the commitment of jumping. Once a swimmer reaches the top of the high dive, they must jump. It is much more dangerous for the swimmer to climb back down the wet stairs than to jump into the well. If swimmer needs assistance, please signal the lifeguard on duty for assistance.
2) 1 at a time- on each climbing wall. (Instructions for climbing walls are located on poolside.)