Online Payments
BlackBoard Connect
Mobile Site
Shawnee Mobile

City Hall / 16 W 9th St

Click for Map


C I T Y   O F   S H A W N E E
CDBG Urban Renewal Authority and 
 Community Development

City Report Youtube Include - Displays most recent City Report

City Report: Shawnee Proud

City Report Archive
News/Press Release Headline Include
Current News/Information
Commands: Show Headlines Only | Show All News
No Current News listed
Cit of Shawnee FAQ Include
CDBG Urban Renewal Frequently Asked Questions
Show All Answers Just Show Questions

Clear Search

Q:CDBG Five Year Consolidated Plan FY 2010 - FY 2014 and One Year Action Plan FY 2010-2011
Q:CDBG One Year Action Plan FY 2012-2013
Q:How do I qualify for the CDBG Program?
Do you own your home, deed in your name, and have lived there for at least one year at the time of application?

Do you need repairs or replacements for items like; plumbing, electrical or heating systems?

Do you live in the City Limits of Shawnee?

Does your total household income fall within HUD's Median Family Income Limits?

If you answered yes to these questions, contact our office at 273.1938 for further information and an application.
Dated:12/6/2007 10:42:09 AM Back to Top--^
Q:Substantial Amendment to FY 2008 Action Plan
Q:What are the housing rehabilitation programs?
Q:What can the CDBG loans/grants be used for?
Q:What is a CAPER?
Q:What is a First Time Homebuyer (FTHB)?
Q:What is HUD's Median Family Income?
Q:What is the Neighborhood Stabilization Program (NSP)?
Q:What is the Urban Renewal Authority and CDBG?
Q:What kinds of loans and grants are available?

The Urban Renewal Division admin

 Loan/grant is available for housing demolition to qualified applicants. 
Of the demolition amount for EA, 50% is a loan and will be repaid when the property is sold or title is transferred.  For DPL, 50% is a loan and will be repaid at 3% interest over a 5 year period.  The remaining 50% is a grant and repayment is not required.
To be eligible the applicant must meet the following:
Owned the structure for at least one year
Considered a blight to the neighborhood
Applicant’s total household income must be at or below the following:


1 Person

2 Persons

3 Persons

4 Persons











The Urban Renewal Division administers grant and loan programs for emergency assistance and home improvement.

To apply, contact the Urban Renewal Office, call (405) 273-1938 during regular business hours.