BOARD OF CITY COMMISSIONERS
June 17, 2013 AT 6:30 P.M.
COMMISSION CHAMBERS AT CITY HALL
CALL TO ORDER
DECLARATION OF A QUORUM
INVOCATION - LORD'S PRAYER LED BY MAYOR MAINORD
1. Consider approval of Agenda:
2. Consider approval of Consent Agenda:
a. Acknowledge staff will proceed in the instant meeting with the opening and consideration of bids as set forth in Agenda Item No. 21.
b. Minutes from the June 3, 2013 regular meeting rescheduled for June 10, 2013
c. Budget Amendments – to adjust revenue to be in line for year end
Fund 113 $ 773
Fund 112 $105,000
Fund 108 $ 20,000
Fund 107 $ 20,000
Fund 106 $200,000
Fund 104 $ 25,000
Fund 102 $ 40,500
Budget Amendment – to transfer money to Street and Alley Fund to get it out of a negative fund balance General Fund $175,000
Budget Amendment – to adjust budget for overruns in the individual departments General Fund $154,350
d. Acknowledge Oklahoma Municipal Retirement Fund refund of contributions from the Defined Contribution plan for Leslyie Javonna Stewart.
e. Acknowledge Oklahoma Municipal Retirement Fund normal Retirement for Cindy Gibson.
f. Acknowledge the following minutes and reports:
• Planning Commission minutes from May 1, 2013
• License Payment Report for May 2013
• Project Payment Report for May 2013
3. Commissioners Comments
4. Citizens Participation
(A three minute limit per person)
(A twelve minute limit per topic)
5. Presentation of Employee of the Month by Brian McDougal, City Manager to Cheyenne Lincoln, Customer Service.
RECESS CITY COMMISSION MEETING TO CONVENE SHAWNEE AIRPORT AUTHORITY
AND SHAWNEE MUNICIPAL AUTHORITY
6. Public hearing and consideration of an ordinance rezoning property located at East MacArthur West of North Bryan from A-1; Agricultural to R-1; Single Family Residence. Case #P04-13
Applicant: Greg Brown Homes, LLC
7. Consideration of approval of a preliminary plat for Wyndemere Addition located at East MacArthur, West of North Bryan.
Case #S05-13 Applicant: Greg Brown Homes, LLC
8. Public heaing and consideration of an ordinance rezoning property located at the Southwest Corner of Bryan and Bradley from A-1; Agricultural to R-1; Single Family Residential. Case #P06-13 Applicant: Vialo Weis, Jr, Oklahoma Conference Corp of Seventh-Day Adventists
9. Public hearing and consideration of an ordinance with a conditional use permit for property located at 14702 Patterson Road, changing zoning from A-1; Agricultural to A-1P; Agricultural
with a Conditional Use Permit. Case #P07-13 Applicant: Kim Blakley
10. Public hearing and consideration of an ordinance rezoning property located on Main Street between Minnesota and McKinley from I-2; Light Industrial and C-3; Automotive, Commercial and Recreation to C-4; Central Business (Downtown). Case #P08-13 Applicant: City of Shawnee
11. Public hearing and consideration of a resolution adopting the budget for the City of Shawnee for the period of July 1, 2013 through June 30, 2014 finding all things requisite and necessary
have been done in preparation and presentation of budget.
12. Discussion, consideration and possible action to enter into joinder agreements with Oklahoma Municipal Retirement Fund to establish a Defined Contribution Plan in the form of the
Oklahoma Municipal Retirement Fund Master Defined Contribution Plan (CMO DH SI, CMO DH, DC) and joinder agreement with Oklahoma Municipal Retirement Fund to establish a Defined Benefit Plan in the form of the Oklahoma Municipal Retirement Fund Master Defined
Benefit Plan (DB); and authorizing appropriate officials to execute such documents as may be necessary to complete the agreements.
Master Plan DB AND DC
13. Discussion, consideration and possible action on an Ordinance adopting an Employee Retirement System, Defined Contribution plan for the position of Department Head or City Manager for the City of Shawnee, Oklahoma; and declaring an emergency. (CMO DH SI)
14. Discussion, consideration and possible action on a ordinance amending the employee retirement system, defined contribution plan for the position of department head or city manager for the City of Shawnee, Oklahoma; and declaring an emergency. (CMO DH)
15. Discussion, consideration and possible action on an ordinance amending the employee retirement system, defined benefit plan for City of Shawnee, Oklahoma; and declaring an emergency. (DB)
16. Discussion, consideration and possible action on an ordinance amending the employee retirement system, defined contribution plan for the City of Shawnee, Oklahoma; and declaring an emergency. (DC)
17. Consider a resolution authorizing approval of an Engineering Agreement between ODOT and the COS for engineering and design services for the Kickapoo Paving Project from the Spur to Farrall.
18. Consider a resolution of support for the Absentee Shawnee Housing Authority for low income housing tax credits.
19. Acknowledge Sales Tax Report received June 2013.
20. City Manager Report
21. Consider Bids:
a. Emergency Cleanup of Storm Debris COS-EM-13-05
(Open and Award)
22. New Business
(Any matter not known about or which
could not have been reasonably foreseen
prior to the posting of the agenda)
23. Administrative Reports, including but not limited to:
a. Status on Sidewalk Projects
Phyllis Loftis, CMC, City Clerk
The City of Shawnee encourages participation from its citizens in public meetings. If participation is not possible due to a disability, notify the City Clerk, in writing, at
least forty-eight hours prior to the scheduled meeting and necessary accommodatons will be made. (ADA 28 CFR/36)
Retrieved from http://www.shawneeok.org/documents/DocFull-Inc.asp on 12/18/2014 1:33:46 PM by 10.1.1.3 NOTICE: This is NOT an official document. All official documents are maintained by the Shawnee City Clerk at Shawnee City Hall. This document is provided as a public information device. Please contact City Hall at 405-878-1604 for official documents.