BOARD OF CITY COMMISSIONERS
November 4, 2013 AT 6:30 P.M.
COMMISSION CHAMBERS AT CITY HALL
CALL TO ORDER
DECLARATION OF A QUORUM
1. Consider approval of Agenda:
2. Consider approval of Consent Agenda:
a. Minutes from the October 21, 2013 regular meeting.
b. Acknowledge the following minutes:
• Traffic Commission minutes from September 24, 2013
• Shawnee Civic and Cultural Development Authority minutes from September 19, 2013
c. Acknowledge Pioneer Library Audit Report for Fiscal Year ended June 30, 2013
d. Acknowledge Oklahoma Municipal Retirement Fund refund of contributions from the Defined Contribution plan for Sherry Bumgarner
e. Approve contract with City Manager Brian McDougal
f. Approve request to purchase Bunker Gear for the Fire Department
g. Mayor’s Committee/Board Appointments:
Shawnee Library Board
Name Replaces- Termed Out Term Expires
Cherity Pennington Allison Brown 6-30-2016
Dephanie Lilite Starla Howard 6-30-2016
h. Traffic Commission Recommendations
A. Consideration of request by Staff to reduce the speed limit in residential areas from 30 mph to 25 mph
STAFF RECOMMENDATION : Staff recommends approval of request
BOARD RECOMMENDATION : Board recommends denial of request
B. Consideration of request by Julia Storie, to have no parking along Chicago from Union west to mid-block on both sides of the street from 2:00 pm to 3:30 pm Monday thru Friday
STAFF RECOMMENDATION : Board recommends approval of request
BOARD RECOMMENDATION : Board recommends approval of request
3. Commissioners Comments
4. Citizens Participation
(A three minute limit per person)
(A twelve minute limit per topic)
5. Mayor’s Proclamation’s:
“America Recycles Day”
November 15, 2013
“Winter Weather Preparedness Day”
November 13, 2013
6. Public hearing and consideration of an ordinance modifying rules applicable to vehicles for hire/taxicabs contained within Chapter 8, Article X of the Shawnee Municipal Code.
7. Discussion and presentation concerning the requirement or non-requirement of façade treatments in commercial zoning districts.
8. Discussion, consideration and possible action on proposal that City rather than employees pay fee increase assessed by Blue Cross/Blue Shield for health insurance.
9. Consider and approve the granting of a utility easement to OG&E for replacement of electrical line(s) to feed the Dockery Park Softball Complex.
10. Consider resolution approving sale not to exceed $15,000,000.00 Oklahoma Baptist University Authority, Student Housing Revenue Note (Oklahoma Baptist University Project) in one or more Series and waiving competitive bidding.
11. New Business
(Any matter not known about or which
could not have been reasonably foreseen
prior to the posting of the agenda)
12. Administrative Reports
Phyllis Loftis, CMC, City Clerk
The City of Shawnee encourages participation from its citizens in public meetings. If participation is not possible due to a disability, notify the City Clerk, in writing, at least forty-eight hours prior to the scheduled meeting and necessary accommodatons will be made. (ADA 28 CFR/36)
Retrieved from http://www.shawneeok.org/documents/DocFull-Inc.asp on 6/23/2017 3:41:44 AM by 126.96.36.199 NOTICE: This is NOT an official document. All official documents are maintained by the Shawnee City Clerk at Shawnee City Hall. This document is provided as a public information device. Please contact City Hall at 405-878-1604 for official documents.