BOARD OF CITY COMMISSIONERS
January 21, 2014 AT 6:30 P.M.
COMMISSION CHAMBERS AT CITY HALL
CALL TO ORDER
DECLARATION OF A QUORUM
REV. AMY BUSSE
1. Consider approval of Agenda:
2. Consider approval of Consent Agenda:
a. Acknowledge staff will proceed in the instant meeting with the opening and consideration of bids as set forth in Agenda Item No. 11 and SMA Agenda Item No. 2-a
b. Minutes from the December 16, 2013 regular meeting.
c. Budget Amendment – Capital Fund 301
To adjust for insurance money received due to vehicles in accidents
d. Budget Amendment – General Fund
To adjust fire department budget for the SAFR Grant
e. Acknowledge the following minutes and reports:
• Shawnee Civic and Cultural Development Authority minutes from October 21, 2013 and November 21, 2013
• Planning Commission minutes from December 4, 2013
• Beautification Committee minutes from December 12, 2013
• License Payment Report for December 2013
• Project Payment Report for December 2013
f. Authorize staff to execute agreement with Oklahoma Department of Emergency Management for the subgrant of Emergency Management Performance Grant funds.
g. Acknowledge Oklahoma Municipal Retirement Fund refund of contributions from the Defined Contribution plan and Defined Benefit Plan for Marsha Martin.
h. Acknowledge Oklahoma Municipal Retirement Fund refund of contributions from the Defined Contribution plan and Defined Benefit Plan for Guadalupe Deleon, Jr.
i. Approve recommendation of staff to update the City’s workers compensation leave policy (non-Union employees only).
j. Mayor’s Appointments:
Wayne Ardrey Expires 1/01/17 2nd Term
Ronald Taffe Expires 1/01/17 2nd Term
Rebecca E Dolan Expires 1/01/17 2nd Term
Shawnee Housing Authority Commissioners
Donna Houston Expires 2/04/17 2nd Term
Rebecca K. Carter Expires 2/04/17 2nd Term
T. Clarice Stone Expires 2/04/17 2nd Term
3. Commissioners Comments
4. Citizens Participation
(A three minute limit per person)
(A twelve minute limit per topic)
5. Public hearing and consideration of an ordinance to approve rezoning of property located at 3720 N. Bryan from A-1; Agricultural to R-1; Single Family Residential. Case #P01-14
Applicant: Janice Percell
6. Consideration of an ordinance repealing and amending Chapter 10 of the Shawnee Municipal Code, Cemeteries.
7. Consideration of a resolution adopting rules and regulations for the operations of Cemeteries.
8. Consideration of an ordinance repealing and amending Chapter 11 of the Shawnee Municipal Code, Emergency Management.
9. Acknowledge Sales Tax Report received January 2014.
10. City Manager's Report
11. Consider Bids/Proposals:
a. Police Firing Range Tower Project (Award)
b. City Hall ADA, Family Restroom Project (Award)
c. Cutting and Mowing of Rank Weeds, and the Clean-up of Trash and/or Debris (Open and Possible Award)
d. RFP’s for Professional Consultant Services to Develop a Parks Master Plan (Open and Possible Award)
12. New Business
(Any matter not known about or which could not have been reasonably foreseen prior to the posting of the agenda)
13. Administrative Reports
14. Discussion, consideration and possible action for an executive session pursuant to 25 O.S. §307 (C) (10), for the purpose of conferring on matters pertaining to economic development,
including the transfer of property, financing, or the creation of a proposal to entice a business to remain or to locate Shawnee due to advice from the City Attorney and City Manager that public
disclosure of the matter would interfere with the development and would violate the confidentiality of the business, specifically a retail development on North Kickapoo (Hunt Properties, Inc.)
15. Discussion, consideration and possible action on matters from executive session pursuant to 25 O.S. §307 (C) (10), for the purpose of conferring on matters pertaining to economic
development, including the transfer of property, financing, or the creation of a proposal to entice a business to remain or to locate Shawnee due to advice from the City Attorney and City Manager that public disclosure of the matter would interfere with the evelopment and would
violate the confidentiality of the business, specifically a retail development on North Kickapoo (Hunt Properties, Inc.)
Phyllis Loftis, CMC, City Clerk
The City of Shawnee encourages participation from its citizens in public meetings. If participation is not possible due to a disability, notify the City Clerk, in writing, at least forty-eight hours prior to the scheduled meeting and necessary accommodatons will be made. (ADA 28 CFR/36)
Retrieved from http://www.shawneeok.org/documents/DocFull-Inc.asp on 9/24/2016 10:41:13 PM by 126.96.36.199 NOTICE: This is NOT an official document. All official documents are maintained by the Shawnee City Clerk at Shawnee City Hall. This document is provided as a public information device. Please contact City Hall at 405-878-1604 for official documents.