Full PDF Packet Here
BOARD OF CITY COMMISSIONERS
August 6, 2012 AT 6:30 P.M.
COMMISSION CHAMBERS AT CITY HALL
CALL TO ORDER
DECLARATION OF A QUORUM
REV. DAVID HENRY
CALVARY BAPTIST CHURCH
1. Consider approval of Agenda:
2. Consider approval of Consent Agenda:
a. Minutes from the July 16, 2012 regular meeting.
b. Acknowledge the following minutes:
• Shawnee Beautification Committee minutes from March 8, 2012
• Shawnee Civic and Cultural Development Authority minutes from May 17, 2012 meeting. (Deferred from the July 16, 2012 meeting)
c. Request authorization to solicit bids for emergency snow removal agreement.
d. Authorize Information Systems Department to purchase Tyler Content Management Enterprise imaging system solution.
e. Acknowledge Official Certificate of Votes from the June 26, 2012 election for Mayor, Ward II Commissioner, Ward III Commissioner and Ward IV Commissioner.
f. Authorize Fire Department to submit SAFER Grant request to FEMA.
3. Citizens Participation
(A three minute limit per person)
(A twelve minute limit per topic)
4. Consider an ordinance de-annexing property located at northwest of the intersection of Lake Road and Drummond Road consisting of a part of the plat of Rolling Meadows.
5. Consider acceptance of public easements and dedications associated with the Final Plat of Legacy Park Second Addition and authorizing Recording of the final plat and obtainment of signatures.
6. Consider a resolution authorizing approval of ODOT LPA Agreement for the Kickapoo Street Paving Project (MacArthur to Kickapoo Spur)
7. Consider an ordinance relating to water and sanitary sewer rates.
(Deferred from July 16, 2012 meeting)
8. Consider approval of an ordinance revising the Drought management Plan that was passed and approved on June 16, 2012.
9. Discussion, consideration and possible action to determine whether to renew contract with Shawnee Area Chamber of Commerce for operation of a Convention and Visitor’s Bureau, and, if so, discussion, consideration and possible action on amendments to the Contract.
10. Discussion, consideration and possible action to create a new entity for operation of a Convention and Visitor’s Bureau and administration of the Proceeds of the Hotel Occupancy Surcharge. Items to be considered will be whether the entity should be an Oklahoma Statutory Trust or a tax-exempt corporation pursuant to Oklahoma law and Section 501(c)(6) of the Internal Revenue Code. Items to be considered include the approval of either a Trust Indenture or Articles of Incorporation, powers and duties of the entity, name of entity, selection of initial Board of Trustees/Directors and any other administrative items needed for creation of the entity.
(This item will be considered only if the Commission determines it will not continue the Contract with the Chamber of Commerce)
11. Discussion, consideration and possible action to set a special meeting to meet with Board of Trustees or Board of Trustees for newly created entity for purposes of contracting for the
operation of a Convention and Visitor’s Bureau and arranging for transition of operations.
(This item will be considered only if the Commission determines it will not continue the Contract with the Chamber of Commerce and also creates a new entity.)
12. Consider Mayor’s appointment of the following as an advisory committee for improvements to the Shawnee Municipal Pool:
Sam Freas Chris Harden
Terry West Cathy Collum
Kevin Kalies Jo Davis
John Winterringer Linda Agee
13. Consider Bids:
a. Harrison Street Planter Project Contract No. COS-PW-11-06 (Award)
b. RFP’s for Phone System Replacement (Open)
c. RFQ’s for Design of the Municipal Pool (Open)
14. New Business
(Any matter not known about or which could not have been
reasonably foreseen prior to the posting of the agenda)
15. Administrative Reports
16. Commissioners Comments
17. Consider an Executive Session to discuss City Attorney’s employment contract pursuant to 25 O.S. §307(B)(1).
18. Consider an Executive Session to discuss City Manager’s employment contract pursuant to 25 O.S. §307(B)(1).
19. Consider matters discussed in Executive Session regarding City Attorney’s employment contract pursuant to 25 O.S. §307(B)(1).
20. Consider matters discussed in Executive Session regarding City Manager’s employment contract pursuant to 25 O.S. §307(B)(1).
Phyllis Loftis, CMC, City Clerk
The City of Shawnee encourages participation from its citizens in public meetings. If participation is not possible due to a disability, notify the City Clerk, in writing, at
least forty-eight hours prior to the scheduled meeting and necessary accommodatons will be made. (ADA 28 CFR/36)
NOTICE: This is NOT an official document. All official documents are maintained by the Shawnee City Clerk at Shawnee City Hall.
This document is provided as a public information device. Please contact City Hall at 405-878-1604 for official documents.