Full PDF Packet Here
BOARD OF CITY COMMISSIONERS
MAY 6, 2013 AT 6:30 P.M.
COMMISSION CHAMBERS AT CITY HALL
CALL TO ORDER
DECLARATION OF A QUORUM
1. Consider approval of Agenda:
2. Consider approval of Consent Agenda:
a. Acknowledge staff will proceed in the instant meeting with the opening and consideration of bids as set forth in Agenda Item No. 16.
b. Minutes from the April 15, 2013 regular meeting.
c. Acknowledge the following minutes:
• Shawnee Civic and Cultural Development Authority minutes from March 21, 2013
• Planning Commission minutes from April 10, 2013
d. Approve recommendation by the Insurance Work Group to award 2013-14 health insurance to Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Delta Dental and VSP vision insurance.
e. Approve recommendation by the Insurance Committee regarding the selection of Insurica as the Insurance Consultant.
f. Resolution authorizing Wes Mainord, Mayor, to cast ballot for OMAG election of 2 trustees.
g. Authorize staff to begin bid process for Shawnee Municipal Auditorium Building Project.
h. Workers’ Comp Claim Settlement for Jack Adams
i. Approve Community Service Contract Review Committee Recommendations for Fiscal Year 2013-2014.
3. Commissioners Comments
4. Citizens Participation (A three minute limit per person)
(A twelve minute limit per topic)
5. Mayor’s Proclamations:
“Better Hearing Month”
“Community Action Month”
6. Introduction of Shawnee 2013 student/teacher delegation for exchange trip to Nikaho, Japan.
Pam Hamman, Chair
Beth Polston, Teacher, Grove School
Shawnee Middle School Grove School
Sabrina Bartley Brice Koons
Brennan Roark William Larson
Annika Stephens Macie May
7. Public hearing and consideration of an ordinance rezoning property located at East MacArthur, West of North Bryan from A-1; Agricultural to R-1; Residential Single Family Dwellings.
Case No. P04-13 Applicant: Greg Brown Homes, LLC
8. Consideration of approval of a preliminary plat for Wyndemere Addition located at East MacArthur, West of North Bryan.
Case No. S05-13 Applicant: Greg Brown Homes, LLC
9. Public hearing and consideration of an ordinance rezoning property located at 1102 West MacArthur from C-2; Suburban Office to PUD; Planned Unit Development, Medical Facilities, Hospital
Case No. P05-13 Applicant: Linda Brown, St. Anthony Shawnee Hospital
10. Discussion, consideration and possible action on a resolution of support for HB 1875 to correct imbalance in the cost of collection of Sales Tax.
11. Discussion, consideration and possible action regarding research to determine the feasibility for Downtown Wi-fi.
12. Discussion, consideration and possible action regarding research to determine the feasibilityof Red Cedar eradication.
13. Discussion, consideration and possible action regarding expenditure of $2,500.00 from the 2012 Budget to match with $2,500.00 of Pottawatomie County funding for the removal of Red Cedar trees on city property around Shawnee Lake.
14. Discussion, consideration and possible action of approval of the CDBG FY 2014 One (1) Year Action Plan for fiscal year beginning July 1, 2013 through June 30, 2014.
15. Discussion, consideration and possible action to establish guidelines for the Community Service Contract Review Committee.
16. Consider Bids:
a. Sidewalk/ADA Handicap Ramps Project (Various Locations) Contract No. COS-PW-12-05 (Award)
b. FY 11-12 Rehab Asphalt Streets Project – Re Bid
Contract No. COS-PW-12-06 (Open)
17. New Business (Any matter not known about or
which could not have been reasonably
foreseen prior to the posting of the agenda)
18. Administrative Reports
RECESS TO CONVENE SHAWNEE AIRPORT AUTHORITY AND SHAWNEE MUNICIPAL AUTHORITY
19. Consider an Executive Session to discuss City Manager’s performance evaluation and employment contract pursuant to 25 O. S. §307(B)(1) NOTE 25 O.S. 307 (B)(1) "Discussing the employment, hiring, appointment, demotion, disciplining or resignation of any individual salaried public officer or employee;"
20. Consider matters discussed in Executive Session regarding City Manager’s performance evaluation and employment contract pursuant to 25 O. S. §307(B)(1) NOTE 25 O.S. 307 (B)(1) "Discussing the employment, hiring, appointment, demotion, disciplining or resignation of any individual salaried public officer or employee;"
Phyllis Loftis, CMC
NOTICE: This is NOT an official document. All official documents are maintained by the Shawnee City Clerk at Shawnee City Hall.
This document is provided as a public information device. Please contact City Hall at 405-878-1604 for official documents.