Full PDF Packet Here
BOARD OF CITY COMMISSIONERS
August 5, 2013 AT 6:30 P.M.
COMMISSION CHAMBERS AT CITY HALL
CALL TO ORDER
DECLARATION OF A QUORUM
INVOCATION - LORD'S PRAYER LED BY MAYOR WES MAINORD
1. Consider approval of Agenda:
2. Consider approval of Consent Agenda:
a. Acknowledge staff will proceed in the instant meeting with the opening and consideration of bids as set forth in Shawnee Municipal Authority Agenda Item No. 3-c.
b. Minutes from the July 15, 2013 regular meeting and the July 15, 2013 special called meeting
c. Budget Amendment Capital Fund 301
These are rollover’s from last year budget for projects that were not completed before year end
d. Budget Amendment FY 2013-2014 2007 CDBG Entitlement Grant
Appropriate 2007CDBG Entitlement Funds for FY2013-FY2014(Rollover)
e. Budget Amendment FY 2013- 2014 2010 CDBG Entitlement Grant
Appropriate 2010 CDBG Entitlement Funds for FY 2013-2014 (Rollover)
f. Budget Amendment FY 2013-2014 2011 CDBG Entitlement Grant
Appropriate 2011 CDBG Entitlement Funds for FY2013-2014 (Rollover)
g. Budget Amendment FY 2013-2014 2008 CDBG Entitlement Grant Fund
Appropriate 2008 Entitlement Funds for FY2013-2014 (Rollover)
h. Budget Amendment FY 2013-2014 2012 CDBG Entitlement Grant
Appropriate 2012 CDBG Entitlement Funds for FY 2013-2014
i. Budget Amendment FY 2013-2014 HOME Rehab Program Income
Appropriate HOME Grant Program Income for Housing Rehabilitation FY 2013-2014 (Rollover)
j. Acknowledge the following minutes:
• Shawnee Civic and Cultural Development Authority minutes from May 16, 2013
k. Approve Memorandum of Understanding with District Attorney’s Office, 23rd Judicial District and the Shawnee Police Department for services to victims of domestic violence and sexual assault – STOP Violence Against Women Grant.
l. Approve extension of Contract with International Association of Firefighters, Local No. 206.
m. Accept and approve the SAFER (Staffing of Adequate Fire & Emergency Response) Grant to begin on October 23, 2013.
n. Acceptance of Harrison and I-40 Median Beautification Project and completion of affidavit for grant reimbursement.
o. Acknowledge Oklahoma Municipal Retirement Fund refund of contributions from the Defined Contribution plan for Celia Elwell.
p. Lake Leases Transfer and Renewal:
• Lot 20 Belcher Tract, 33404 Post Office Neck
From: Bill Barnett and Paula Barnett
To: Paula Barnett and Kenneth Smith
• Lot 10 Renfro Tract, 15805 Sleepy Hollow Road
Cindy Woods and Steve Woods
• Lot 3A Johnston Tract, 16804 Magnino Road
Ronald Hughes and Susan Hughes
• Lot 1 Mosler Tract, 16200 Archery Road
3. Commissioners Comments
4. Citizens Participation
(A three minute limit per person)
(A twelve minute limit per topic)
5. Mayor’s Presentation of City of Shawnee Beautification Committee Awards to:
• Mabee Gerrer Museum
• Langley Management Company
• Consultant Services LLC
• Kathryn Simon
6. Discussion, consideration and possible action on a resolution approving the incurrence of indebtedness by the Shawnee Municipal Authority for financing of the Municipal Pool.
7. Discussion, consideration and possible action on an additional 30 day renewal of contract with the Chamber of Commerce regarding Convention and Visitors Bureau while awaiting the completed audit.
(As approved at the May 20, 2013 commission meeting)
8. Discussion, consideration and possible action on granting OG&E additional easements along SH102.
9. Discussion, consideration and possible action on a resolution waiving building permit fees for the repair/reconstruction of structures damaged by the May 19, 2013 storm event.
10. Discussion, consideration and possible action on an ordinance temporarily modifying Section 1201.7 of the Shawnee Zoning Code by allowing the repair/reconstruction of a structure damanged by greater than 50 percent.
11. Consider Bids:
a. Exterior Restoration, Exterior Painting and Window Replacement for the Shawnee Municipal Auditorium (Award)
12. New Business
(Any matter not known about or which
could not have been reasonably foreseen
prior to the posting of the agenda)
13. Administrative Reports
Phyllis Loftis, CMC, City Clerk
The City of Shawnee encourages participation from its citizens in public meetings. If participation is not possible due to a disability, notify the City Clerk, in writing, at
least forty-eight hours prior to the scheduled meeting and necessary accommodatons will be made. (ADA 28 CFR/36)Tweet
NOTICE: This is NOT an official document. All official documents are maintained by the Shawnee City Clerk at Shawnee City Hall.
This document is provided as a public information device. Please contact City Hall at 405-878-1604 for official documents.