Full PDF Packet Here
BOARD OF CITY COMMISSIONERS
May 19, 2014 AT 6:30 P.M.
COMMISSION CHAMBERS AT CITY HALL
CALL TO ORDER
DECLARATION OF A QUORUM
INVOCATION REV RAY BELFORD
FIRST CHRISTIAN CHURCH
1. Consider approval of Agenda:
2. Consider approval of Consent Agenda:
a. Acknowledge staff will proceed in the instant meeting with the opening and consideration of bids as set forth in Agenda Item No. 17
b. Minutes from the May 5, 2014 regular meeting.
c. Budget Amendment General Fund 001
To adjust police overtime for the Highway Safety Grant Its a reimbursable grant and it is for the payment of OT for DUI enforcement and seatbelt enforcement
d. Budget Amendment General Fund 001
Salaries and tax expense for terminating/retiring employee leave payout
e. Acknowledge the following minutes and reports:
Planning Commission minutes from April 2, 2014 meeting
Shawnee Civic and Cultural Development Authority minutes from March 20, 2014 meeting
Contract Review Committee minutes from March 26, 2014 meeting and May 9, 2014 meeting
(May 9, 2014 Draft Only not yet approved for information only)
License Payment Report April 1-30, 2014
Project Payment Report April 1-30, 2014
f. Acceptance of safe room rebate grant from the American Red Cross and approval of grant program rules.
g. Acknowledge Oklahoma Municipal Retirement Fund Early Retirement for Charles Stephens.
h. Approve Community Service Contract Review Committee Recommendations for Fiscal Year 2014-2015.
i. Acknowledge eligibility and application for the Edward Bynes Memorial Grant through the U.S.Department of Justice for the Police Department and the Sheriffs Office.
j. Approve proposal received from Trenton Marr, DVM, of Dogwood Veterinary Hospital, for a spay/neuter program through the Shawnee Animal Shelter.
k. Acknowledge denial of tort claim OMAG No. 136774-TW
l. Acknowledge denial of tort claim OMAG No. 137216-TW
3. Commissioners Comments
4. Citizens Participation
(A three minute limit per person)
(A twelve minute limit per topic)
5. A public hearing and consider amending a Planned Unit Development located at 3306 N. Kickapoo. Case #P06-14
Applicant: J. Michael Adcock
6. A public hearing and consideration of approval of an ordinance to rezone property located at North Bryan from A-1; Agricultural to R-3; Multi-Family Residential. Case #P07-14 Applicant: Mike Langley
7. A public hearing and consideration of approving an ordinance with a Conditional Use Permit for property located at 909 E. Independence from R-3; Multi-Family Residential District to C-1;
Neighborhood Commercial with a Conditional Use Permit. Case #P08-14 Applicant: Kaye Harrod
8. Consideration of approval of a Preliminary Plat for Panda Express located at 194 Shawnee Mall Drive. Case #S06-14 Applicant: Eric J. Abein
9. Consideration of approval of a Final Plat for Panda Express located at 194 Shawnee Mall Drive. Case #S05-14 Applicant: Eric J. Abein
10. Presentation, consideration and public hearing on revisions to the City of Shawnee Zoning Codes. Applicant: City of Shawnee
11. Consider granting an access easement of 0.21 acres in size through City owned land located along Archery Range Road to Gary Chatham.
12. Discussion, consideration and possible action regarding reducing the statutory minimum liability limits on City owned property located at property considered to be the north airport property as follows: to wit, a tract of land described as beginning at the Northwest Corner of the Northwest Quarter of Section 7, Township 11 North, Range 4 East of the Indian Meridian, Pottawatomie
County, Oklahoma; thence S00? 32 54 East a distance of 3961.17 feet; thence N89? 20 49 East a distance of 2687.98 feet; thence N89? 26 08 East a distance of 660.09 feet; thence N00? 10 39 East a distance of 1305.87 feet; thence N00? 19 37 East a distance of 1322.35 feet; thence S89? 24 58 West a distance of 659.35 feet; thence N00? 22 02 East a distance of 1322.55 feet; thence S89? 34 06 West a distance of 2746.60 feet to the point of beginning, containing 282 acres, more or less; LESS AND EXCEPT A TRACT DESCRIBED AS:
Beginning at the Northwest Corner of the Northwest Quarter of Section 7, Township 11 North, Range 4 East of the Indian Meridian, Pottawatomie County, Oklahoma; thence S00? 32 54 East a distance of 1029.53 feet; thence N84? 34 29 East a distance of 612.68 feet; thence N03? 46 04 West a distance of 972.52 feet; thence S89? 34 06 West a distance of 555.37 feet to the point of beginning, containing 13.40 acres, more or less.
13. Discussion, consideration and possible action on acceptance of proposal for Parks Master Plan by Shafer, Kline & Warren, Inc.
14. Consider Oklahoma Municipal Retirement Fund Lump Sum payment from Defined Benefit Plan and refund of contributions from the Defined Contribution Plan for Stanley Howard.
15. Acknowledge Sales Tax Report received May 2014.
16. City Manager's Report
17. Consider Bids:
a. Sidewalk/ADA Handicap Ramps Project COS-PW-13-01 (Award)
b. Rehab Concrete Streets Project FY13-14 COS-PW13-02 (Open)
18. New Business
(Any matter not known about or which could not have been reasonably foreseen prior to the posting of the agenda)
Phyllis Loftis, CMC, City Clerk
The City of Shawnee encourages participation from its citizens in public meetings. If participation is not possible due to a disability, notify the City Clerk, in writing, at
least forty-eight hours prior to the scheduled meeting and necessary accomodations will be made. (ADA 28 CFR/36)
NOTICE: This is NOT an official document. All official documents are maintained by the Shawnee City Clerk at Shawnee City Hall.
This document is provided as a public information device. Please contact City Hall at 405-878-1604 for official documents.