Full PDF Packet Here
BOARD OF CITY COMMISSIONERS
July 7, 2014 AT 6:30 P.M.
COMMISSION CHAMBERS AT CITY HALL
CALL TO ORDER
DECLARATION OF A QUORUM
1. Consider approval of Agenda:
2. Consider approval of Consent Agenda:
a. Acknowledge staff will proceed in the instant meeting with the opening and consideration of bids as set forth in Agenda Item No. 14
b. Minutes from the June 16, 2014 regular meeting.
c. Acceptance of 105 Howitzer from the US Army TACOM Life Cycle Management Command for display in Woodland Veterans’ Park
d. Acknowledge the following minutes:
• Planning Commission meeting minutes from June 4, 2014
• Shawnee Civic and Cultural Development Authority minutes from May 15, 2014
e. Approve renewal of excess liability policy for Workers’ Compensation with Safety National Casualty Corp. for July 1, 2014, through June 30, 2015.
f. Authorize police department to purchase two 2014 Ford police interceptor SUV’s from Bob Hurley Ford dealership at a cost of $26,706 each, from 2014-15 capital funds.
g. Authorize staff to apply for a continuing training grant from FEMA.
h. Approve Wes Watkins Reservoir Oversight Committee meeting minutes from March 6, 2014 and City of McLoud Budget (7-01-13 through 5-31-14) for Wes Watkins Reservoir.
3. Commissioners Comments
4. Citizens Participation
(A three minute limit per person)
(A twelve minute limit per topic)
5. A public hearing and consideration of an ordinance to rezone property located northwest of Terminus of Churchill Street, Woodsong Addition, Shawnee, Oklahoma, from A-1; Rural Agricultural and Planned Unit Development to R-1; Single Family Residential.
Case # P09-14 Applicant: Rick Austin
6. Consideration of approval of a Preliminary Plat for Stone Creek Crossing located at the north corner of MacArthur and Acme Road.
Case #S07-14 Applicant: Stone Creek Investments, Inc.
7. Consideration of approval of a Final Plat for Shawnee Marketplace Planned Unit Development located at the southwest quarter of Interstate 40 and Kickapoo Street.
Case #S09-14 Applicant: Cates-Clark & Associates, LLP
Deferred by Planning Commission to a special called meeting.
8. A public hearing and consider an ordinance closing alley between 10th Street and 11th Street and between N. Pesotum Avenue and N. Florence Avenue.
9. Consideration of a resolution in support of tax credits for CSY Investors, LLC, for rehabilitation of Ashford Place Apartments.
10. Consideration of a resolution to surplus a vehicle to recycle.
11. Discussion, consideration and possible action on a proposal for a charter amendment requiring a vote of the people to approve detachment of territory under specific circumstances.
Continued from the June 16, 2014 meeting with the following motion and second remaining on the floor for discussion.
A motion made by Commissioner Hall, seconded by Vice Mayor Harrod, to direct staff to move forward in preparation of ballot language on a proposal for a charter amendment requiring a vote of the people to approve detachment of territory under specific circumstances.
12. Consider approval of Disability Retirement for Carla Clemons from the Oklahoma Municipal Retirement Fund.
13. Consider approval of acquiring a Permanent Easement for Public Highway at Independence and Kickapoo for parcel 11 and Temporary Easement on parcel11.2 and 11.3, as necessary for the Kickapoo Street widening project.
14. Consider Bids:
a. Rehab Concrete Streets Project (Various Locations)
FY13-14 Contract No. COS-PW-13-02 (Open)
15. New Business
(Any matter not known about or which
could not have been reasonably foreseen
prior to the posting of the agenda)
16. Consider an Executive Session to discuss potential claims, litigation or other options regarding Case No. CV-2014-6, Pottawatomie County, City of Shawnee v. International Union of Police Associations, Local No. 3 and Jon Arnett, as authorized by 25 O.S. §307(B)(4)
17. Consider an Executive Session to discuss evaluations of City Manager and City Attorney pursuant to 25 O.S. §307(B)(1) "Discussing the employment, hiring, appointment, demotion,
disciplining or resignation of any individual salaried public officer or employee;"
18. Consider matters discussed in Executive Session regarding potential claims, litigation or other options regarding Case No. CV-2014-6, Pottawatomie County, City of Shawnee v.
International Union of Police Associations, Local No. 3 and Jon Arnett, as authorized by 25 O.S. §307(B)(4)
19. Consider matters discussed in Executive Session regarding discussion of evaluations of City Manager and City Attorney pursuant to 25 O.S. §307(B)(1) "Discussing the employment, hiring,
appointment, demotion, disciplining or resignation of any individual salaried public officer or employee;"
Phyllis Loftis, CMC, City Clerk
The City of Shawnee encourages participation from its citizens in public meetings. If participation is not possible due to a disability, notify the City Clerk, in writing, at
least forty-eight hours prior to the scheduled meeting and necessary accommodations will be made. (ADA 28 CFR/36)
NOTICE: This is NOT an official document. All official documents are maintained by the Shawnee City Clerk at Shawnee City Hall.
This document is provided as a public information device. Please contact City Hall at 405-878-1604 for official documents.