Full PDF Packet Here
BOARD OF CITY COMMISSIONERS
August 18, 2014 AT 6:30 P.M.
COMMISSION CHAMBERS AT CITY HALL
CALL TO ORDER
DECLARATION OF A QUORUM
1. Consider approval of Agenda:
2. Consider approval of Consent Agenda:
a. Minutes from the August 4, 2014 regular meeting.
b. Acknowledge the following reports:
• Planning Commission minutes from the August 6, 2014 meeting
• Shawnee Urban Renewal Authority minutes from June 3, 2014
• License Payment Report July 1-31, 2014
• Project Payment Report July 1-31, 2014
c. Approve Visit Shawnee, Inc. board member replacements for FY 2014-2015
d. Acknowledge Oklahoma Municipal Retirement Fund refund of contributions from the Defined Contribution and Defined Benefit plans for Melody Chancellor.
e. Mayor’s Appointment:
Wayne O. Jackson Term to expire 2/02/2015 1st Partial Term
Replaces Patty L. Nida
3. Commissioners Comments
4. Citizens Participation
(A three minute limit per person)
(A twelve minute limit per topic)
5. Mayor’s Presentation of Beautification Committee Awards to the following:
• Cracker Barrel
23 W Interstate Parkway
• La Quinta Inn
5401 Enterprise CT
• St. Benedict Church
632 N Kickapoo
• Luella Hurst
124 N Harrison
6. A public hearing and consideration of an ordinance for a Conditional Use Permit on property zoned R-1; Single Family Residential, located at 2102 East Main Street.
Case No. P10-14 Applicant: Absentee Shawnee Housing Authority
7. Consideration of approval of a Final Plat for Shawnee Marketplace PUD for property located at Interstate 40 and Kickapoo Street, including acceptance of public dedications and a letter of
credit in lieu of completion of public improvements, authorizing obtainment of signatures and recording of the final plat.
Case No. S09-14 Applicant: Cates-Clark & Associates
8. Presentation by City Engineer regarding flooding on Buck Drive.
9. Presentation and update on Visit Shawnee, Inc. by Kinlee Farris, Executive Director, Shawnee Convention and Visitors Bureau.
10. Discussion, consideration and possible action on an ordinance for adoption of revised Drought Management Plan.
11. Discussion, consideration and possible action concerning use of city facilities as public tornado shelters.
12. Acknowledge Sales Tax Report received August 2014.
13. City Manager's Report
14. New Business
(Any matter not known about or which could not have been reasonably foreseen prior to the posting of the agenda)
15. Consider an Executive Session to discuss Municipal Judge’s performance evaluation and employment contract pursuant to 25 O. S. §307(B)(1) "Discussing the employment, hiring, appointment, demotion, disciplining or resignation of any individual salaried public officer or employee;"
16. Consider matters discussed in Executive Session regarding Municipal Judge’s performance evaluation and employment contract pursuant to 25 O. S. §307(B)(1) "Discussing the employment, hiring, appointment, demotion, disciplining or resignation of any individual
salaried public officer or employee;"
Phyllis Loftis, CMC, City Clerk
The City of Shawnee encourages participation from its citizens in public meetings. If participation is not possible due to a disability, notify the City Clerk, in writing, at least forty-eight hours prior to the scheduled meeting and necessary accommodations will be made. (ADA 28 CFR/36)
NOTICE: This is NOT an official document. All official documents are maintained by the Shawnee City Clerk at Shawnee City Hall.
This document is provided as a public information device. Please contact City Hall at 405-878-1604 for official documents.