Aquatics Supervisor - Part Time (Seasonal) ***PLEASE PRINT APPLICATION AND RETURN TO CITY HALL ROOM 242***
Aquatic Supervisor will coordinate daily activities with the Aquatic Manager, and oversee safety and functionality at Shawnee Splash. This position holds the importance of maintaining a safe environment through supervision of staff and patrons using facilities. This position will be offering customer service to a variety of age groups.
- Supervises all activity and admission areas and personnel during assigned shifts.
- Accident prevention and rule enforcement of water park activity areas.
- Investigates and responds to calls, requests and complaints from citizens, ensuring proper incident reporting procedures.
- Perform lifesaving skills in intense situation.
- Supervises and assists in daily maintenance and cleaning of the aquatic facilities.
- Supervises and assists in chemical balancing and measurement of water areas.
- Ability to perform utmost customer service in all situations.
- Must report to work on a regular and timely basis.
- Instructs classes, supervises, and develops programs in facility areas.
- Performs other work as necessary and or as assigned.
Knowledge, Abilities, and Skills:
- Ability and Skills to supervise a large amount of patrons and staff and programs.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Knowledge of the standards of care in aquatic industry.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently.
- Ability to communicate effectively with public, guests and staff members.
- Must be firm, fair, consistent and courteous.
- Must have a positive attitude in order to fully cooperate with other guards in a team effort, and adhere to rules and regulations to ensure successful operations.
- Must have the physical and mental conditions necessary to be able to properly activate and complete the EAP system.
- Sitting and standing for long periods of time is required.
- Must be able to perform life saving skills including lifting a person off of the bottom and out of the water (average weight
- Occasional reaching, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crawling, twisting, handling and repetitive movements. 150 pounds).
- Vision, speech, and hearing sufficient to perform essential tasks.
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job in compliance with the American with Disabilities Act (ADA) requirements. On a case-by-case basis, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must submit to drug screening.
Licenses and Certificates:
Required: Lifeguard Certification
Preferred: Additional Water Safety Instructor Certification and/or Fitness Certification, Certified Pool Operator
WORKING ENVIRONMENT: Work in this classification is outdoors. The employee is exposed to hot, wet and humid conditions and within and around swimming pools. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud in the pool facilities. The employee is exposed to pool chemicals that must be handled with extreme caution. Requires ability to work nights, weekends, holidays, irregular hours, and willing to periodically perform stand-by and call-back work during off duty hours. Position reports to Aquatics Manager.
Contact : Stacie Brown
Deadline for Applying : Aug 9, 2020 11:59 PM