Aquatics Instructor - Part Time (Seasonal) ***PLEASE PRINT APPLICATION AND RETURN TO CITY HALL ROOM 242***
Under direct supervision of the Aquatics Manager, Aquatics Instructors provide water aerobics instruction; monitors and educates patrons on fitness and safety; and maintains a safe and enjoyable atmosphere for class participants.
- Teaches scheduled classes, beginning and ending on time; provides adequate warm-up exercise, stretching, and cool down.
- Instructs patrons on effective workout methods; explains proper techniques, demonstrates exercises; identifies different muscle groups, and teaches appropriate methods to strengthen specific muscles.
- Instructing with clear detail and commitment to safety.
- Prepares appropriate equipment, music, and handouts for each class.
- Assists patrons, answers questions, and maintains a positive exercise experience for members and class participants.
- Keeps management informed of pool activities, facility needs, and significant problems.
- Ensures that safety standards are met, and that department and facility policies are followed.
- Must report to work on a regular and timely basis.
- Knowledge of water teaching strategies and the incorporation of music, tempo, cueing technique, and rhythm.
- Choreography and music skills.
- Ability to be professional and motivate class participants as well as the ability to cooperate and work well with other staff members.
Physical Requirements: The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job in compliance with the American with Disabilities Act (ADA) requirements. On a case-by-case basis, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, arm and hand steadiness and finger dexterity will be needed enough to use a key board and telephone. Occasional sitting and standing is required. Occasional lifting and carrying of objects up to fifty (50) pounds. Occasional reaching, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crawling, twisting, handling and repetitive movements. Must be able to perform life saving skills including lifting a person off of the bottom and out of the water (average weight 150 pounds). Vision, speech, and hearing sufficient to perform essential tasks. Must submit to drug screening and physical exam.
Licenses and Certificates:
Required: Certification in First Aid & CPR
Preferred: Specialty certification in Class type. (Water Fitness, WSI, Zumba, Certification Instructor Trainer)
WORKING ENVIRONMENT: Work in this classification is outdoors. The employee is exposed to hot, wet and humid conditions and within and around swimming pools. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud in the pool facilities and quiet in the office. The employee is exposed to pool chemicals that must be handled with extreme caution. Requires ability to work nights, weekends, holidays, irregular hours, and willing to periodically perform stand-by and call-back work during off duty hours.
Contact : Stacie Brown
Deadline for Applying : Aug 9, 2020 11:59 PM