16 West Ninth Street
Opened in 1970, Station #1 has 7 firefighters assigned to it and houses 5 pieces of firefighting / emergency response apparatus. Station #1 is attached to the west end of City Hall and also houses the administrative offices of the department. The following picture is a view of the south side of Station #1 and some of the apparatus that responds from this location.
Station #2 (Currently under new construction)
1401 North Bryan Street
The original Station #2 opened in 1999, with 3 firefighters assigned to it and houses 3 pieces of firefighting / emergency response apparatus. The west side of Station #2 housed the Shawnee Fire Marshal's Office. The following picture is a view of the west side of Station #2. Stay tuned for Re-opening of Station #2 in late 2018.
306 East MacArthur Street
Opened in 1974, Station #3 currently has 4 firefighters assigned to it and houses 4 pieces of firefighting / emergency response apparatus. The basement of Station #3 houses the department's training room and the office of the Training Chief. The following picture is a view of the south side of Station #3.
Retired Fire Stations:
Central Fire Station
9th Street Between Broadway and Beard Streets
The following pictures show the old "Central Fire Station" as it was in the 1920's along with some of the firefighting apparatus of the time. This two-story station was located on 9th street between Broadway and Beard and was destroyed by a tornado in 1970. The brass pole from this station that allowed quick access from the second floor to the rig room hangs in the current Station #1.