Shawnee Splash Swim Lessons COVID-19 Guidelines
- Stay home if you are feeling sick.
- Stay a minimum of 6 feet from other families and patrons in deck areas.
- Use hand sanitizer after leaving the pool. When you get home, wash hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Swimmers will not be allowed to enter the pool until the instructor indicates class is starting.
- Class size will be limited to max of 8 students.
- Equipment used by class participants will be cleaned between classes. Students will be encouraged to bring their own diving rings, kick boards, noodle, and/or googles.
- Encourage all students to maintain a safe distance apart during class, especially out of the water.
- Instructors will assist students from the side rather than the front when close proximity is needed.
- All Tadpole, Bullfrog, and Level 1 classes will be offered as Parent-Child classes. The parent will be in the water with the child to participate in skills. Level 2 classes will have this as an option.
- Upper levels of the Learn to Swim Program (Level 3-6) will encourage students to maintain a safe distance between participants at all times.
- Any swimmer with a fever, cough, or other COVID-19 symptoms, will not be allowed to swim. Swimmers will be allowed to make up missed classes due to illness in later sessions by arrangement.
- All swimmers will be expected to get out of the pool in a timely manner so that equipment can be cleaned for the next session.
- Safety precautions will be updated daily.
Class Dates and Times
Swim Lessons are offered at 10:00am and 11:00am during the following Sessions:
Session 1 - June 7th - 17th
Session 2 - June 21st - July 1st
Session 3 - July 6th- 16th
Session 4 - July 19th - 29th
TADPOLE (Ages 6 months through 2 year) $35
A. Requirements: Must be accompanied by parent/guardian - will be required to swim with the student.
1. Initiate the child to the water.
2. Develop, in the child, a high comfort level in and around the water and a readiness to swim.
3. Enable the parent to supervise child aquatic activities and help teach the child water skills.
C. Water Skills: Simple games, stunts, pool-side exercises, basic swimming, and water safety.
BULLFROG (Ages 3 - 5 years) $35
A. Purpose: Continuation of the Tadpole class and children who need to overcome the fear of water.
B. Water Skills: How to enter the water, rhythmic breathing, flutter kick, glides, beginning stroke
LEVEL 1 WATER EXPLORATION: (Ages 5 years+) $50
A. Purpose: Children with no swimming instruction or needing assistance to over-come the fear of water.
B. Water Skills: How to enter water, breath holding, rhythmic breathing, floats, glides, flutter kick, beginning stroke.
LEVEL 2 FUNDAMENTAL SKILLS: (Ages 5 years+) $50
A. Purpose: To continue building on the fundamental skills & safety learned at Water Exploration.
B. Water Skills: Level 1 skills plus combined stroke on front and back, turning over, safety skills.
LEVEL 3 STROKE DEVELOPMENT: (Ages 5 years+) $50
A. Eligibility: Perform Level 2 water skills.
B. Purpose: Improve water skill proficiency, endurance, and ability to care for themselves in water.
C. Water Skills: Introduction to additional aquatic skills such as front crawl, elementary back stroke, rotary breathing, basic kicks, diving, and treading water.
LEVEL 4 STROKE IMPROVEMENT: (Ages 5 years+) $50
A. Eligibility: Perform Level 3 water skills.
B. Purpose: To develop confidence & competence in water skills & water safety.
C. Water Skills: Build endurance, breast stroke, side stroke, personal safety skills.
LEVEL 5 STROKE REFINEMENT: (Ages 5 years+) $50
A. Eligibility: Perform Level 4 water skills.
B. Purpose: Water skill proficiency, endurance, and coordination.
C. Water Skills: Various water entries, flip turns, stroke coordination & refinement, sculling
JUNIOR LIFEGUARDING $75 (Ages 10 years+; Offered 9:00-10:45 a.m. during Sessions 1 & 2 only)
A. Eligibility: Perform Level 5: Stroke refinement water skills.
B. Purpose: Complete Level 6 water and rescue skills & encourage good fitness habits. Class also incorporated leadership and team building opportunities.
C. Water Skills: 500 yard swims, 5 minute treading water, in-water rescues, backboard rescues.