NO POLYCART SERVICE CHRISTMAS DAY DECEMBER 25TH.
(Once A Week)
- All garbage must be placed inside polycart.
- Place cart no more than two feet from the curb, street, or alley.
- Place cart out for service no later than 7:00 a.m.
- Leave at least 3 to 4 feet clearance on all sides.
- Please keep cart away from mailboxes, parked cars, and trees.
- Do not use cart for removal of construction or demolition debris. Household garbage only.
If you need more than the one polycart or a 65 gallon polycart provided by Central Disposal you can contact the Office at (405) 275-0900. Additional polycarts will incur an additional monthly charge.
Curbside Bulk Waste Schedule for December 2018:
IF YOUR TRASH PICK UP DAY IS ON:
YOUR BULK WASTE PICK UP DAY WILL BE:
Monday, December 3rd
Tuesday, December 4th
Wednesday, December 5th
Thursday, December 6th
Friday, December 7th
CURBSIDE BULK WASTE SERVICE:
Once A Month - (The first full calendar week of the month on your regular trash day - see schedule above)
- Stoves, refrigerators, televisions, water tanks, washing machines, furniture and other waste materials with weights or volumes greater than those allowed for polycarts.
- Bulk waste items which typically contain refrigerants such as Freon will not be accepted unless the person disposing of such items provides Central Disposal with an acceptable written certification that the Freon has been removed.
- Construction debris, dead animals, hazardous material or stable matter will not be accepted.
Once A Week - (On your normal pickup day)
- Tree limbs need to be no more than 3 feet in length and no more than 2 inches in diameter and bundled with twine or string.
- Yardwaste should be placed no more than 7 feet from the curbside.
- Yardwaste should be placed at curb for pick up no later than 7:00AM
- Yardwaste is not to be placed in the polycart.
Curbside Recycling has arrived!
The City of Shawnee is proud to announce that curbside recycling is here. More information can be found on our Curbside Recycling page.
CENTRAL DISPOSAL WILL STILL ACCEPT CARDBOARD & GLASS ONLY
BETWEEN 8AM-5PM, MONDAY-FRIDAY
AT THE TRANSFER STATION LOCATED AT 700 E. 45TH ST. SHAWNEE
We accept the following items:
- Paper-All types and sizes of books, magazines and papers are accepted.
- Plastic-Please Rinse All Containers. #1 & #2 are only types of plastic that will be accepted.
- Aluminum & Metals - Please Rinse All Containers. Empty cans only. Metal pots, pans, tins & utensils will be accepted.
- Unacceptable Items can be found on our Curbside Recycling Page.
Household Hazardous Waste
Shawnee residents can safely dispose of paint, pesticides, motor oil and other household products that can harm the environment. For a fee, residents can dispose of their household hazardous waste at the Household Hazardous Waste Disposal Center at 1621 S Portland in Oklahoma City. Click here for more information.
Hours of Operation:
Tue-Fri: 9:30AM-6:00PM | Sat: 8:30AM-11:30PM
Phone: (405) 682-7038
700 E. 45th Street
- No hazardous material, concrete, bricks, liquids, or tires.
- All loads subject to inspection.
- Scales on location.
- $45.00 per ton plus $1.25 per ton DEQ fee with a $35.00 minimum
With a City of Shawnee Water Bill that includes sanitation:
- One (1) free level pickup bed or equivalent load per month.
- Over one (1) level pickup bed is $10.00 a linear foot.
Hours of Operation:
Mon-Thur: 8:00AM-5:00PM | Fri-Sat: 8:00AM-12:00PM
Phone: (405) 275-0900
Shawnee residents who pay a City of Shawnee Garbage bill have access to the Center Point landfill located near Prague. Shawnee residents who pay a City of Shawnee Garbage bill may dispose of 3 cubic yards (1 level pickup bed) per month at no charge. Bring your residential Water bill and matching ID.
Hours of Operation:
Phone: (405) 567-3806
Other questions? Call Central Disposal at 275-0900, 8am to 5pm Monday-Friday.