Regular pick-up service on July 4th (Once A Week)
- All garbage must be placed inside polycart.
- Place cart no more than two feet from the curb, street, or alley.
- Place cart out for service no later than 7:00 a.m.
- Leave at least 3 to 4 feet clearance on all sides.
- Please keep cart away from mailboxes, parked cars, and trees.
- Do not use cart for removal of construction or demolition debris. Household garbage only.
If you need more than the one polycart or a 65 gallon polycart provided by Central Disposal you can contact the Office at 275-0900. Additional polycarts will incur an additional monthly charge.
Curbside Bulk Waste Schedule for July 2018: Regular service on July 4th
IF YOUR TRASH PICK UP DAY IS ON:
YOUR BULK WASTE PICK UP DAY WILL BE:
Monday, July 2nd
Tuesday, July 3rd
Wednesday, July 4th
Thursday, July 5th
Friday, July 6th
CURBSIDE BULK WASTE SERVICE:
Once A Month - (The first full calendar week of the month on your regular trash day (see schedule above)
- Stoves, refrigerators, televisions, water tanks, washing machines, furniture and other waste materials with weights or volumes greater than those allowed for polycarts.
- Bulk waste items which typically contain refrigerants such as Freon will not be accepted unless the person disposing of such items provides Central Disposal with an acceptable written certification that the Freon has been removed.
- Construction debris, dead animals, hazardous material or stable matter will not be accepted.
Once A Week - (On your normal pickup day)
- Tree limbs need to be no more than 3 feet in length and no more than 2 inches in diameter and bundled with twine or string.
- Yardwaste should be placed no more than 7 feet from the curbside.
- Yardwaste should be placed at curb for pick up no later than 7:00 a.m.
- Yardwaste is not to be placed in the polycart.
Curbside Recycling has arrived!
The City of Shawnee is proud to announce that curbside recycling is here. More information can be found on our Curbside Recycling page.
CENTRAL DISPOSAL WILL STILL ACCEPT CARDBOARD & GLASS ONLY
BETWEEN 8-5, MON-FRI
AT THE TRANSFER STATION LOCATED AT 700 E. 45TH ST. SHAWNEE - OPEN JULY 4TH
We accept the following items:
- Paper-All types and sizes of books, magazines and papers are accepted.
- Plastic-Please Rinse All Containers. #1 & #2 are only types of plastic that will be accepted.
- Aluminum & Metals - Please Rinse All Containers. Empty cans only. Metal pots, pans, tins & utensils will be accepted.
- Unacceptable Items can be found on our Curbside Recycling Page.
Go to our Curbside Recycling Page to learn more about recycling in the City of Shawnee.
Household Hazardous Waste
Shawnee residents can safely dispose of paint, pesticides, motor oil and other household products that can harm the environment. For a fee, residents can dispose of their household hazardous waste at the Household Hazardous Waste Disposal Center at 1621 S Portland in Oklahoma City. Click here for more information.
Hours of Operation:
Tue-Fri: 9:30am-6pm | Sat: 8:30am-11:30pm
700 E. 45th Street
- No hazardous material, concrete, bricks, liquids, or tires.
- All loads subject to inspection.
- Scales on location.
- $45.00 per ton plus $1.25 per ton DEQ fee with a $35.00 minimum
With a City of Shawnee Water Bill that includes sanitation:
- One (1) free level pickup bed or equivalent load per month.
- Over one (1) level pickup bed is $10.00 a linear foot.
Hours of Operation:
Mon-Thur: 8am-5pm | Fri-Sat: 8am-12pm
Shawnee residents who pay a City of Shawnee Garbage bill have access to the Center Point landfill located near Prague. Shawnee residents who pay a City of Shawnee Garbage bill may dispose of 3 cubic yards (1 level pickup bed) per month at no charge. Bring your residential Water bill and matching ID.
Hours of Operation:
Other questions? Call Central Disposal at 275-0900, 8am to 5pm Monday-Friday.