Description : Application
JOB TITLE: Treatment Plant Operator
PAY RANGE: 13 $15.53/hr
ACCOUNTABLE TO: Treatment Plant Supervisor
PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF POSITION: Under general supervision is responsible for monitoring and operating of their assigned Water and/or Wastewater Treatment facilities. Work varies requiring individual judgment and decision making within well established Federal and State regulations.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Physical demands include some bending, stooping, walking on rough or uneven terrain, kneeling, and lifting up to 60#s (greater with assistance). Work may be performed in uncontrollable working conditions of heat, cold, dampness, and exposure to chemicals and infectious wastes;
- Must possess and maintain ODEQ Class D Water or Wastewater Certifications, Class C Water or Sewer Lab Certifications within one year of employment, and Class C Water or Wastewater Certification within two years of employment and maintain such certifications throughout employment; Type of license dependent upon the type of plant assigned (Water or Wastewater);
- Must possess a valid Oklahoma Driver’s License.
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY AND PERFORMANCE:
- Operates the assigned water and/or wastewater treatment plant in compliance with federal and state regulations;
- Monitors control panels, starts and stops pumps, adjusts valves and gates as appropriate to control the treatment processes;
- Observes variations in operating conditions and interprets meter and gauge readings, testing results to determine load requirements;
- Loads and unloads chemicals, add chemicals to treat water;
- Monitors control panels and adjusts controls to specified levels;
- Monitors equipment to determine any malfunction and provides maintenance of the assigned treatment facility and makes repairs as needed;
- Checks the building and grounds for needed repairs and cleanliness and arranges for the needed maintenance;
- Work may include weekends and holidays;
- Performs related duties as required.
- Maintains daily logs, records, and prepares various monthly reports;
- Is responsible for assigned facilities and equipment of substantial value requiring care;
- Contacts with fellow employees and others requires common courtesy and respect;
- Work is often performed in an uncontrolled environment that may require the use of proper safety equipment and procedures to prevent injury.
SUPERVISION - RESPONSIBILITY FOR WORK OF OTHERS: May supervise Treatment Plant personnel as assigned in the absence of the Plant Supervisor.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- High school graduation or its equivalent; PLUS
- Minimum one year work experience with experience in Water and/or Wastewater Treatment field preferred;
- Previous mechanical experience desirable;
- Must possess and maintain ODEQ Class D Water or Wastewater Certifications, Class C Water or Sewer Lab Certifications within one year of employment, and Class C Water or Wastewater Certificate within two years of employment and maintain such certifications throughout employment; Type of license dependent upon the type of plant assigned (Water or Wastewater);
- Must possess a valid Oklahoma Driver’s License and maintain status of insurability.
EXAMPLES OF PERFORMANCE CRITERIA AND EXPECTATIONS:
- Maintains knowledge of all permits applicable to the Water and Wastewater Plants and assures compliance with the regulations and permits;
- Establishes and maintains effective communication and working relationships with fellow employees, other officials, and the public;
- Must be able to work in confined spaces;
- Performs Quality Assurance and Quality Control testing for the Plants and submits reports to the proper authority as required;
- Possesses the skill to perform laboratory tests and to interpret test results;
- Demonstrates the ability to follow oral and written instructions;
- Mows the grass and performs other maintenance of the Plant grounds;
- Works shifts as may be required;
- Performs such other duties as may be assigned.
Contact : Stacie Brown
Deadline for Applying : Open until filled