Attendant - Part Time (Seasonal)
PAY RANGE: $9.05/hour
DIVISION: Public Works
REVISED: December 15, 2021
To serve as an Attendant this position will handle all admission and sales transactions at the front gate and concession stand. Attendant must have a friendly personality with firmness to uphold facility rules and policies. The attendant will be accountable for sanitizing, stocking, and supplying restroom facilities, front desk, and concession during operational hours.
- Greet guest and take admissions and sales.
- Operate an electronic cash register and credit card machine.
- Balance drawer and manage daily income.
- Communicate with upmost customer service with public in a tactful, polite, and friendly manner.
- Responsible for the safe and efficient operation of water rides for small children.
- Assisting children as they enter and exit water ride area.
- Clean restroom areas on provided rigorous schedule. Stock all paper supplies in restrooms.
- Gather and discard lost and found items.
- Assist in party rentals: Guest check-in, party set-up, cleaning of party area.
- Watching ride/activity, assisting guests, communicating safety instructions, answering questions, assisting guests as they enter and exit.
- Responsible for cleaning work areas, bathrooms, food prep areas, entry, and other park areas.
- Operates office equipment such as fax machines, copiers, and phone systems, and uses computers for spreadsheet, word processing, database management, and other applications; learns to operate new office technologies as they are developed and implemented.
- Performs other work as necessary and or as assigned.
- Must report to work on a regular and timely basis.
Knowledge, Abilities, and Skills:
- Must be 16 years of age.
- Prior experience operating a cash register and balancing a cash drawer.
- Ability to communicate in a positive, friendly manner with patrons especially children.
- Ability to work on feet for extended amount of time in hot environment.
- Preferred one-year customer service experience with general public.
Physical Requirements: The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job in compliance with the American with Disabilities Act (ADA) requirements. On a case-by-case basis, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, arm and hand steadiness and finger dexterity will be needed enough to use a key board and telephone. Occasional sitting and standing is required. Occasional lifting and carrying of objects up to fifty (50) pounds. Occasional reaching, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crawling, twisting, handling and repetitive movements. Vision, speech, and hearing sufficient to perform essential tasks. Must submit to drug screening and physical exam.
Licenses and Certificates: Ability to acquire CPR, AED, First Aid Certification
WORKING ENVIRONMENT: Work in this classification is both indoors and outdoors. The employee is exposed to hot, wet and humid conditions and within and around swimming pools. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud in the pool facilities and quiet in the office. The employee is exposed to pool chemicals that must be handled with extreme caution. This position requires ability to work nights, weekends, holidays, and irregular hours. This position reports to the Aquatic Manager.
Deadline for Applying : Apr 30, 2022 11:59 PM