To monitor activity in recreation facilities; to perform general clerical duties in support of Parks and Recreation; to provide information and assistance regarding policies and procedures; to perform responsibilities for the assigned department including teaching classes, answering phones, data entry, and other assisting duties. The incumbent employee will perform all, or variations of, the following duties and responsibilities as assigned. “Job descriptions may be modified based on City needs and employees may be required to perform function beyond those descried below and employees are “at will employees” in that either party may terminate the employment relationship with or without notice”.
- Assists in the operation of all recreation facilities and green space while providing efficient customer service.
- Set up rooms for rentals or special events while ensuring a clean environment prior and afterward.
- Supervise gym play and facility activities.
- Assists in marketing products and media material in relation to all recreation facilities.
- Teach basic skills and rules in sports, fitness classes, programs, and/or games.
- Supervises and performs daily maintenance and custodial duties of recreational facilities.
- Monitor activity in the recreation facilities to ensure safety procedures are being followed.
- Operates office equipment such as tablets, copiers, and phone systems, and uses computers for spreadsheet, word processing, database management, and other applications; learns to operate new office technologies as they are developed and implemented.
- Help with volunteer programs and special events.
- Performs other work as necessary and or as assigned.
- Must report to work on a regular and timely basis.
- Enhance relationships with external community groups to further develop and market recreational programs.
- Work independently in absence of supervision.
- Understand and carry out oral and written directions.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position.
Training and Experience: Mental alertness and adaptability to office and field area work routines. Equivalent to four years high school or GED, with particular emphasis during high school in office skills or others, plus 0-6 months related experience and/or training. Or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge, Abilities, and Skills:
Ability to effectively communicate information and respond to questions in person-to-person and small group situations with customers, clients, the general public and other employees of the organization. Ability to utilize common sense understanding in order to carry out written, oral or diagrammed instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving several known variables in situations of a routine nature.
Physical Requirements: The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job in compliance with the American with Disabilities Act (ADA) requirements. On a case-by-case basis, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, arm and hand steadiness and finger dexterity will be needed enough to use a keyboard and telephone. Occasional sitting and standing are required. Occasional lifting and carrying of objects up to fifty (50) pounds. Occasional reaching, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crawling, twisting, handling, and repetitive movements. Vision, speech, and hearing sufficient to perform essential tasks. Must submit to drug screening and physical exam.
Licenses and Certificates: Must have an Oklahoma driver’s license and maintain a driving record acceptable to the City’s insurance carrier. CPR, AED, and First Aid certification required.
Work in this classification is both indoors and outdoors. Requires ability to work nights, weekends, holidays, irregular hours, and willing to periodically perform stand-by and call-back work during off duty hours.
Contact : Stacie Brown
Deadline for Applying : Jun 6, 2022 11:59 PM