We are always looking for the following positions:
Lifeguard: (Red Cross Certification Required)
Attendant: (No certification required.)
Pool Maintenance: (No certification required.)
Aquatic Supervisor: (Red Cross Certification Required with several years of aquatic experience.)
Lifeguard Certification Course
Contact Sue Ellen at 405-878-1528 for any questions.
RED CROSS CERTIFICATION
You must be 15 years of age to enroll in this class.
- If you have a special need, contact the instructor before class, so that she can adjust the course where possible.
- Class length will depend upon how fast we can move thorough the material. It is possible that the class will not take the full length of time above. The book says the course is designed to be completed in 25 hours and 20 minutes; however, depending on the class, that is a long estimate.
Participants MUST be able to do the following before the start of class:
1. Swim 300 Meters without pause using the freestyle or breath stroke (not timed)
2. Tread water for 2 minutes using legs.
3. Retrieve a 10 pound object from the deep end of the pool, then swim the length of the pool on your back (object on your chest)
*The 3rd event is timed. You must be able to do this in 1 minute and 40 seconds.
*These events are here to ensure you are physically fit to become a lifeguard.
*Those who are unable to come prepared to class, or cannot complete one of the requirements will not receive a refund.
You will receive your Life Guarding/AED/CPR/ First Aid certification upon the completion of this class. The certification will be good for 2 years beginning on the date we complete the class.
Water Safety Instructor Red Cross Certification