The Homeless Program will be having a New Volunteer Training on Tuesday, February 27 from 6:30pm to 8:30pm at City Hall.
RSVP for the next Volunteer Training by emailing Rian Harkins at email@example.com
or calling (405) 878-1665.
The Homeless Program operates entirely by donations and volunteers. There are many ways for you, your group, or your organization to get involved!
Volunteers are the backbone of the Homeless Program!
Are you tired of volunteer opportunities where you are simply used as an extra set of hands? Do you want to feel like you’ve really made a difference?
Contribute your skills, strengths, and passion to the Shawnee Homeless Program, where we open doors for you to make a real impact in people’s lives and in the community by working towards ending homelessness. Join us in our mission to break down barriers, foster understanding, and create a world where homelessness is a thing of the past.You can volunteer in a variety of areas with the Shawnee Homeless Program. Some of those areas are:
- Street Outreach (Meeting people where they are.)
- Homeless Resource Center (Connecting people with services to move them toward housing.)
- Job Search (Help people create resumes, look for jobs, apply for jobs, and learn how to interview.)
- Office/Administrative (Not a people person? Help with office duties like filing, writing letters, organizing, and researching.)
- Care Management (One-on-one work that helps connect people with services to help move them toward housing.)
- Fundraising (Hosting a fundraising event, seek donations, or find grants.)
- Do your own thing (Good at art? Teach an art class! Cut hair? Use our barber chair! Handy? Fix bikes and cars!)
No matter your talent, you can impact people’s lives for the better.
For an application, please click here for a Volunteer Packet, contact Rian Harkins at firstname.lastname@example.org, or pick up an application at the Homeless Resource Center (506 S. Beard).
The Homeless Resource Center (HRC) provides lunch daily to people experiencing homelessness. Organizations, groups, Bible studies, and individuals can sign up to provide one meal a month (ex: every 3rd Tuesday).
Do it your way! Some groups like to get hands-on, preparing the meal, coming in to serve it, and taking time to interact with clients. Others prefer to make a meal and deliver it for the HRC staff to serve. Then there are those with limited time, so they have pizza sent in. Contact Sarah Inselman, Manager of the HRC, at 405-412-7061 to get on the meal schedule.
Everything at the Homeless Resource Center (HRC) is provided by donations. How can you help? You can donate items, do a group project, organize a donation drive or event, and more! Donations can be dropped off at the Homeless Resource Center, located at 406 S. Beard, Monday-Thursday 1:00-4:00pm and Saturday 11:00am to 4:00pm.