Code Enforcement

Home  Government  Departments  Planning  Code Enforcement

Code Enforcement

The Code Enforcement Division administers and enforces all building codes and ordinances adopted by the City. This includes field inspections, plan checking and public information as related to new construction and the responsibility of issuing permits and ensuring safe buildings.
Current adopted building codes
The City of Shawnee has adopted the 2015 ICC Construction Codes with any amendments and modifications made by the Oklahoma Uniform Building Code Committee. The Adopted Codes and Amendments can be found on the OUBCC's Website

To report nuisance code violations call the Action Center at 405-878-1602.

For questions about Licenses and Permits call 405-878-1616 or 405-878-1666.  Licenses and Permits issued by the Code Enforcement office include:

Ambulance Service                                                                                                         Demolition
Boating, Fishing & Hunting                                                                                           Pawn Brokers
Auctioneers                                                                                                                      Pyrotechnic Fireworks Displays
Beer                                                                                                                                   Mechanical Contractors
Bowling Lanes                                                                                                                 Mobile Home Parks
Concession Permits - Parks Only                                                                                 Paving Contractors
Electricians, Plumbers, Exterminators & Tree Sprayers                                          Alcoholic Beverage Occupational Tax
Family Recreation & Special Recreation Centers                                                     Retail Liquor
Fire Extinguisher                                                                                                             Salvage
House Movers                                                                                                                  Sign Hanger
Kennels                                                                                                                             Skating Rink
Lake Site Leases                                                                                                              Snow Cone Merchants
Storm Cellars                                                                                                                   Special Permit for Hardship
Mobile Home Cases                                                                                                       Taxicab & Buses
Tree Trimmers                                                                                                                 

NOTE: Residential sale: commonly known as garage, porch, room, yard, or patio sale, estate sale not conducted pursuant to an order of a court of competent jurisdiction.  There is no longer a permit or fee required.  There is a limit to 3 residential sales in any calendar year.

Water Meter and Tap Requirements Detailed information regarding requirements for City of Shawnee water meter and taps

City Hall Annex
222 N Broadway Ave. Shawnee, OK 74801
(405) 878-1616