FALL CLEAN-UP SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 19, 2022
The City of Shawnee will host a Fall Clean-Up Day on Saturday, November 19, 2022, for its residential utility (water and sanitation) customers. The event hours are 8:00 am to 2:00 pm.
All locations will be staffed to ensure that no unacceptable items are dumped in the roll-offs. This is a City of Shawnee event for residential utility customers only. Please bring with your most recent utility bill.
Locations of Roll-Offs
- Public Works - 111 South Kickapoo Avenue
- Transfer Station – 700 East 45th Street
*Hazardous waste will not be accepted during this event.
- You must have an active City of Shawnee residential utility account, which will be verified. Please bring a driver’s license or other form of ID of the account holder.
- You are limited to a maximum of 3 cubic yards, which is one level pickup bed or equivalent. Trailer loads are not permitted, and anything over 3 cubic yards will be turned away.
- If you have more than 3 cubic yards, you may take the load to the Transfer Station for a fee. Please check the City’s Solid Waste/Recycling webpage for current rates.
Roll-Off waste materials that are NOT accepted:
- Hazardous Waste (including any liquids, paint, chemicals, biomedical, infectious, radioactive, PCVS, asbestos, solvents and oil)
- Auto Batteries
- Concrete, cinder blocks, bricks
Due to limited roll-off capacity, the City will provide regular updates on the City's social media page on the day of the event.
In the event that the maximum capacity is reached prior to 2:00 pm, or if you are unable to participate in the Fall Clean-up Day, please note that City of Shawnee utility customers may use the transfer station once per month.
- It is located on 45th Street between Union Avenue and Harrison Street.
- Customers must bring the current month's water bill and picture identification.
- The quantity is limited to a level pickup bed load (3 cubic yards).
- Only household items are accepted.
Please call Central Disposal Transfer Station for additional information regarding what items can or cannot be accepted at 405-275-8084.