JOB TITLE: Finance Director
PAY RANGE: $90,000-$105,000
ACCOUNTABLE TO: City Manager
PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF POSITION: Under Administrative direction oversees the finance department activities, maintains the general accounting system, and oversees the preparation of the annual budget and all budget revisions. Coordinates assigned activities with other departments, elected officials, and outside agencies. Work varies considerably, requiring individual judgment within statutory or ordinance standards and procedures.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Is responsible for the directing, planning, coordinating and development of policies concerning all activities of the Finance Department.
- Directs and supervises the City’s purchasing, budgeting, investing program, receivables, and payroll activities.
- Prepares and presents budgetary and financial information to the City Commission.
- Supervises the preparation and administration of the annual operating budget for the City using OpenGov.
- Makes recommendations on budgetary and financial matters.
- Monitors the City’s overall financial position.
- Recommends new or amended ordinances and policies governing the fiscal policies of the City.
- Provides professional financial advice to the City Manager and other department heads.
- Provides financial input in fire and police union negotiations.
- Coordinates with the consultant to prepare the City’s financial records for the annual independent audit.
- Implements appropriate internal controls over the City’s fiscal activities.
- Position requires frequent contact with fellow employees and the public with the need to communicate orally and in writing and where tact, diplomacy, and confidentiality are required.
- Keeps City Manager informed of all pertinent matters.
- Performs other duties as directed by the City Manager.
SUPERVISION - RESPONSIBILITY FOR WORK OF OTHERS:
- Supervises all personnel and operations of the Finance Department.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business Administration, or related field.
- Must demonstrate appropriate skills, knowledge, and experience in governmental accounting and budgeting.
- Five years of governmental finance and budgeting experience preferred.
- CPA preferred;
- Duties require some limited physical movement of lifting up to 35 pounds (greater with assistance), prolonged sitting, walking, bending, and stooping.
- Work is performed in an office and conditions are controllable.
- Must possess a valid Oklahoma Driver’s license and maintain a status of insurability.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the non-essential functions.
Deadline for Applying : Jul 6, 2022 11:59 PM