Completion of State-of-the-Art Water Treatment Plant
One of the standout features of our new water treatment plant is the state-of-the-art polymer additive clarification system. This advanced technology significantly enhances the water treatment process by improving the removal of suspended solids and contaminants. The key benefits of this system include:
- Enhanced water clarity and reduced chemical usage,
- Efficient sedimentation and improved removal of fine particles, and
- Increase cost-efficiency and lower environmental impacts.
- Enhanced floc formation and faster settling of particles, and
- Reduced chemical usage and extended filter lifespan.
During a recent walkthrough of the $15 million plant, City Commissioners expressed their excitement about the project, stating, "This water treatment plant represents a significant investment in our City's future. It showcases the City of Shawnee's commitment to providing our residents with top-notch services while being responsible stewards of taxpayer funds and our environment."
For those interested in seeing the project’s progression over the past two years, City staff has uploaded a YouTube video to the City’s channel: www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0796a2SboE. For questions or additional information, please contact Danny Vise, Jr., Assistant City Manager at 405-878-1601 or firstname.lastname@example.org.