Lifeguard - Part Time (Seasonal) ***PLEASE PRINT APPLICATION AND RETURN TO CITY HALL ROOM 242***
PAY RANGE: Grade 02 Step 01 - Starting at $9.55 per hour
REVISED: December 12, 2016
The Lifeguard has a duty to protect the safety of people in an assigned area. The Lifeguard has a professional obligation to prevent potential accidents by enforcing the rules and regulations of an aquatic setting and to react to any emergencies that may occur. This position will report to the Aquatics Manager or their designee.
- Accident prevention and rule enforcement of water park activity areas.
- Perform lifesaving skills in intense situation.
- Assists in daily maintenance and cleaning of the aquatic facilities.
- Assists in chemical balancing and measurement of water areas.
- Ability to perform utmost customer service in lifeguarding duties.
- Must report to work on a regular and timely basis.
- Performs other work as necessary and or as assigned.
Knowledge, Abilities, and Skills:
- Ability to properly and safely operate equipment used.
- Must be 16 years of age or older.
- Knowledge of the standards of care in aquatic industry.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently.
- Ability to communicate effectively with public, guests and staff members.
- Must be firm, fair, consistent and courteous.
- Must have a positive attitude in order to fully cooperate with other guards in a team effort, and adhere to rules and regulations to ensure successful operations.
- Must have the physical and mental conditions necessary to be able to properly activate and complete the EAP system.
- Sitting and standing for long periods of time is required.
- Occasional lifting and carrying of objects up to fifty (50) pounds.
- Must be able to perform life saving skills including lifting a person off of the bottom and out of the water (average weight
- Occasional reaching, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crawling, twisting, handling and repetitive movements. 150 pounds).
- Vision, speech, and hearing sufficient to perform essential tasks.
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job in compliance with the American with Disabilities Act (ADA) requirements. On a case-by-case basis, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must submit to drug screening.
Licenses and Certificates:
Required: Lifeguard Certification. Red Cross Certification
Preferred: Additional Water Safety Instructor Certification
WORKING ENVIRONMENT: Work in this classification is outdoors. The employee is exposed to hot, wet and humid conditions and within and around swimming pools. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud in the pool facilities. The employee is exposed to pool chemicals that must be handled with extreme caution. Requires ability to work nights, weekends, holidays, irregular hours, and willing to periodically perform stand-by and call-back work during off duty hours.
Contact : Stacie Brown
Deadline for Applying : Aug 9, 2020 11:59 PM