Head Lifeguard - Part Time (Seasonal) ***PLEASE PRINT APPLICATION AND RETURN TO CITY HALL ROOM 242***
A Head Lifeguard is responsible for participating in and providing supervision for Lifeguards. Must monitor activities at a City-operated swimming pool; including functioning as a Lifeguard in maintaining order, preventing accidents, rescuing swimmers in danger of drowning; and providing swimming instruction.
- Scheduling of personnel
- Assigning Lifeguards to duty stations
- Giving instructions in pool operating procedures, rules, safety practices, maintenance, and related matters.
- Conducting and continuing reviews of Lifeguard activity
- Directing the correction of improper practices.
- Accident prevention and rule enforcement of water park activity areas such as decking, diving boards, locker rooms, and pool equipment.
- Perform lifesaving skills in intense situation.
- Supervises and assists in daily maintenance and cleaning of the aquatic facilities.
- Assists in chemical balancing and measurement of water areas.
- Planning, organizing, and running events, games, and activities at the facility.
- Ability to perform utmost customer service in lifeguarding duties.
Knowledge, Abilities, and Skills:
- 1-2 seasons of experience as a Lifeguard.
- Knowledge of the principles and methods used in teaching swimming
- Must be 16 years of age or older.
- Knowledge of the standards of care in aquatic industry.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently.
- Ability to communicate effectively with public, guests and staff members.
- Must be firm, fair, consistent and courteous.
- Must have a positive attitude in order to fully cooperate with other guards in a team effort, and adhere to rules and regulations to ensure successful operations.
- Must have the physical and mental conditions necessary to be able to properly activate and complete the EAP system.
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job in compliance with the American with Disabilities Act (ADA) requirements. On a case-by-case basis, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, arm and hand steadiness and finger dexterity will be needed enough to use a key board and telephone. Sitting and standing is required. Occasional lifting and carrying of objects up to fifty (50) pounds. Occasional reaching, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crawling, twisting, handling and repetitive movements. Must be able to perform life saving skills including lifting a person off of the bottom and out of the water (average weight 150 pounds). Vision, speech, and hearing sufficient to perform essential tasks. Must submit to drug screening.
Licenses and Certificates:
Required: Lifeguard Certification and Water Safety Instructor Certification (WSI)
WORKING ENVIRONMENT: Work in this classification is outdoors. The employee is exposed to hot, wet and humid conditions and within and around swimming pools. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud in the pool facilities. The employee is exposed to pool chemicals that must be handled with extreme caution. Job requires ability to work nights, weekends, holidays, irregular hours. Head Lifeguard will report to the Aquatic Manager.
Contact : Stacie Brown
Deadline for Applying : Aug 9, 2020 11:59 PM